ok im not sure if this will work

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

decibelz

Reaction score
6.6 Munich lme
2 lbs plain wheat dme
1 lb maltodextrin

Then grains:
1 oz crystal malt 60L
1 oz chocolate malt

Hops:
1 oz Centennial
1 oz Hallertau

Im not sure if I need any changes or add ons

Also the 1oz each of crystal and chocolate malt will add a little color, but very little, if any flavor.

What are you trying to brew?

What style are you trying to make? Need boil time, when you plan to add hops. The peach seems strange. But it may make more sense with more information.

For a 5G batch,the 8.6lb of fermentables is plenty. I'd dump the maltodextrin,as it's only 5% fermentable max. Plus you have the 2oz of grains for some color,but won't give much flavor. Unless that's your intention. What style are you intending to make?

Oh and boil times? I'm not sure yet im still thinking but I don't know if you saw but im also adding a peach flavoring and the yeast is safale 05

1) What are you trying to make? Style would be helpful.
2) When are you adding hops, boil time is normally 60 mins, I wouldn't vary from that.
3) More info is better. We get you are adding peaches and peach flavoring. Not sure what you are after though.

That's my problem lol with lets say I boil the hops for 60 min im not sure of the wheat dme and Munich lme mix I chose to use maltodextrin for body im just not sure about my hop selection I kinda followed a wheat recipe but twisted it with the Munich

The hops are fine. Do 60 min boil, 1 oz Centennial at 60 min. 1 oz Hallertau 15 mins. If your going for a german style wheat I would increase the chocolate and crystal to 1/4 lb each that will get the color in the right range. This way you will get more complexity too. Definitely ditch the maltodextrin your all ready gonna be heavy on the ABV even without it. And go for the peach, its different but could work. Are you comfortable working with liquid yeast? If so try the Wyeast American wheat, it would work with the peach flavors a bit better.

Cheers!

Back