What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
El Cerveza Doardo

ForumRunner_20131013_213829.jpg

image-3254800795.jpg

Saint Somewhere Saison Athene. Awesome homer beer! Opening a 750 when you have to be up in 7 hours = crappy Monday. Cheers!

mcbaumannerb said:
Doppelbocks go up to 10 so I'd guess it's just a marketing thing. Troegs makes on of the better ones IMO.

That extra .2% really makes the difference :p

Rosebud25 said:
I live in northern Wantage, NJ and I'm looking for brewery grain for my animals. Can anyone help me

Any local nano/micro will be chomping at the bit to get rid of their spent grains.
The only brewery I have toured (Cigar City) puts their spent grains in big poly drums, first come, first serve for all of the local farmers. All they ask is you rinse and return the drums.

Hey silly how about Scream of the Butterfly.

There's blood on my face sittin' on a dead shore A highway of emptiness and I'm gettin' bored

she smiles like a child with flowers in her hair. with blood on her hands into the sun she stares...

and how about the ever classic: I remember her from the thighs of the mother, as everything is eaten by another. how much, more must we bleed her? I cut their throats while they slept, I peel back my skull for you.

Drinking some sailor jerry and coke after slicing up a vanilla bean to soak in some sailor jerry to add both to an imperial porter in secondary with some cold steeped coffee. Holy sheet the rum with vanilla smells amazing

Billy-Klubb said:
she smiles like a child with flowers in her hair. with blood on her hands into the sun she stares...

and how about the ever classic: I remember her from the thighs of the mother, as everything is eaten by another. how much, more must we bleed her? I cut their throats while they slept, I peel back my skull for you.

You crazy kids and your pop music...
:D

Ahhh yes! :rockin:
Yes I do I eat the razor, a mouthful of God's flesh Sweating this blackness, I remember blood from the thighs of the mother I am ****ting this cold death As everything is eaten by another.

Edit: one last shot of fireball and wifey says it's time for bed ;-)

Ahhh yes! :rockin:
Yes I do I eat the razor, a mouthful of God's flesh Sweating this blackness, I remember blood from the thighs of the mother I am ****ting this cold death As everything is eaten by another.

If you guys don't cut it out, I'm going to start posting Nanci Griffith lyrics.

Ok you win I'm done please don't.

Living in a time of inconvenience, in an inconvient time.

That's just a warning shot!

More LOTM, just got a text from a friend who's opinion I respect greatly, saying 'that LOTM would be legendary if you could consistently produce it on a commercial basis' :D

Having Shorts ContriversiALE while watching the Tigers game. I looove this IPA, but the more I drink the more I'm utterly annoyed by the nonsensical rants of Tim McCarver.

ForumRunner_20131013_221234.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
TNGabe said:
Living in a time of inconvenience, in an inconvient time.

That's just a warning shot!

More LOTM, just got a text from a friend who's opinion I respect greatly, saying 'that LOTM would be legendary if I could consistently produce it on a commercial basis' :D

1 or 2? I thought 1 was really damn good, I am shelving 2 like I was told to. I would buy LOTM 1 on a regular basis.

1 or 2? I thought 1 was really damn good, I am shelving 2 like I was told to. I would buy LOTM 1 on a regular basis.

2 is better. It's drinking well now, I'm not sure it will improve at this point. It was green as of last tasting before I sent yours, but I've been drinking the heck out of it since then.

Need to get some cleaner and sanitizer set up to go do some sample raiding. I really want to bottle one long term batch soon, even if it's not ready. I'd settle for most ready of the lot. Also trying to figure out what to do with the muscadine (scuppernong) I bought saturday. Berliner seems easy, I'm tempted to rack our anniversary beer onto them. I tasted that one recently and it was ready to drink, but seemed like it would develop over the next 4-6 months before bottling. Hmmm, drunken cellar raid - better the fermentors than the bottles I guess.

I like my beer like I like my women. :mug:

I usually call those gross. Is 12 the blend?

Yeah 12 is a blend, 2 brett strains and my best saison sacc.

it's got a ton of hot alcohol, but what can you expect from a beer that big at only 6 weeks bottled? I imagine it will get better (brettier) but I don't expect big things, glad it's only a 2 gallon batch

I'd say this is the edge of the comfort zone of 12. I prefer my saison around 6.5, it dried it out fully and the yeast I pulled was healthy and happy, so I guess it's a success, but not my cup of tea.

Drinking a Belgian IPA now, I've gotta make another batch of this according to my expert opinion I've got about a gallon left. Swmbo says I have 2, I start counting the ounces from this point on, got a 5er on closest.

Yeah 12 is a blend, 2 brett strains and my best saison sacc.

it's got a ton of hot alcohol, but what can you expect from a beer that big at only 6 weeks bottled? I imagine it will get better (brettier) but I don't expect big things, glad it's only a 2 gallon batch

I'd say this is the edge of the comfort zone of 12. I prefer my saison around 6.5, it dried it out fully and the yeast I pulled was healthy and happy, so I guess it's a success, but not my cup of tea.

You should really check out wlp072. Not that it's a saison strain, it's BdG, but the biere de noel I made was 11% in 6 days and pleasant at 70 degrees from the fermenter. Warming finish, but not hot at all. It's lagering now, I need to transfer to secondary and add that anamola. The home brewery is a little backed up. Avec les bons vouex is the only big saison that comes to mind as being good.

You should really check out wlp072. Not that it's a saison strain, it's BdG, but the biere de noel I made was 11% in 6 days and pleasant at 70 degrees from the fermenter. Warming finish, but not hot at all. It's lagering now, I need to transfer to secondary and add that anamola. The home brewery is a little backed up. Avec les bons vouex is the only big saison that comes to mind as being good.

I've played a little with 072 but it was before I had lab access, BdG is something I have been putting off for awhile. I've got so many projects going in the lab, mostly trying to perfect what I know is already quite good, I have to keep telling myself White labs wasn't built in a day. Keep me from spreading too thin too fast.

I've said that about Joe Buck forever.

Both of them need to do 'Merica a favor and just leave Fox. They are both so terrible to watch. I usually just check in on the game then change it. I cant take Tims useless drivel and Joe bucks voice. Joe came out in I think 2008 or 2009 and said that he never even watches sports and especially baseball. He says he doest really care for it and doesn't waste his time trying to watch a sport with 162 games. Then why is he a play by play announcer??? Fox needs to dump both these guys. I can link the interview if you want where he says it all haha.

Couple of grav samples.

image-3244113665.jpg

Lighter one was an attempt at a brown saison with sorghum 'molasses' that I might have accidentally got ecy02 in so I just went ahead and added more. It's had
a ton of head space and no pellicle for 5 months, but other than being a touch acetic, it's pretty good for a saved mistake. Could probably bottle. I like it as well as Supplication, though I'm not a big fan of that beer. If I had more figs, I'd fig it up for sure.

Darker one is freakin good. Initial sweetness, roast in the nose. Great mouthfeel, and then a smack in the mouth of sour. It's getting blueberries tomorrow. I've probably got 4.5 gallons of this one so that should fit with 9-10 lbs of blueberries in a 6 gallon bb.

Back