brew sculpture?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beerme

Reaction score
I am looking at building a brewing sculpture for my new 25 gal rig. Mash tun and kettle at the same hight and sparge water at a higher level. Is there any heavy duty shelveing out there I could use or do I need to have someone weld something together.
Thanks

The shelving I use claims 1000 lbs per shelf. Since a 25 gallon kettle would be less than 300 pounds, they might work. The nice part about this shelving, I was about to change the height several times untill I was happy with it.

Back when I was looking to build a sculpture, I couldn't find anything shelving-wise that I was satisfied with. I think your best bet would be to find a good machine shop and get something fabricated.

i just bought some 1 1/2" by 1 1/2" angle, that has holes in it along the entire length. it come in 6' lengths at home depot, and bolted that together. it worked great for my 3 tier setup, and it is real easy to use. it is not real cheap, but i can't weld, so it had to work. i don't see why you couldnt do the same thing. I'll have to post some pictures later.

Yah. I would love to see some pics

thanks for the replies

I used 1.5" strut for my base of tier and then 1.5" angle iron. I had the struts laying around and cut the cost of the angle iron down by 1/2. Some bolts and nuts and of course piping for the propane burners and viola.

The whole cost is something about $100. Burners/kegs/propane/thermometers/ballvalves/hoses/chiller not included.

I 'll post a schematta of it later.

- WW

While you're designing and having a sculpture welded you could buy some afforadable shelving to temporarily brew on and then use it for storage after your new rig is complete and have a nice organized shelf with all the associated beer necessities, tools, toys, and more. Here's a place I've ordered from for both boltless and wire shelving and both have quite a weight capacity.

http://www.globalindustrial.com/gcs/index.web

Once your rig has been designed let us have a look as I'm always impressed with what everyone is coming up with.

Runhard

Back