Regulator issue. Need help fast.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gigemags05

Reaction score
I have a dual gauge regulator, the kind that you can have 2 beers on at differing pressures. One keg holds its PSI exactly like I want it.

The other one continues to increase pressure no matter what. Even if I turn the dial all the way to off. Its already way over carbed one beer. What would cause the regulator to keep putting more CO2 in the keg?

Any ideas on how to fix this? I can't disconnect it from the gas because there is another beer carbing on the other gauge.

If ya have extra disconnects, make a jumper with a liquid QD and gas QD linked by a small section of gas hose. you can put this setup on the "overcarbed keg" to relieve some pressure and still lock in some co2. Shut off the primary regulator (broken side, correct?) (or cap/plug it). Then your secondary regulator will keep keg #2 working. This will by you some time and allow you to attempt to fix the primary reg, or if need be... by time while awaiting replacement.

Any idea on how to go about fixing it? It's the regulator furthest from the co2 bottle. Or am I going to have to buy a new regulator.

If I have to get a new one does anyone have a recommendation for a two keg setup?

Sorry, I don't know about fixing them. I was hoping someone would chime in on that part.

Latest posts

Back