What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hanger 24 essence double ipa. While I get a starter ready.

image-2539682790.jpg

Project work outing tonight. Several SNPA's at a free outdoor blues show. Some Fireman's #4 and Austin Beerworks Fire Eagle after.

I only had 2 beers today, thinking we were leaving for home tomorrow. The wife wants to stay another day, and leave early Friday morning, so I get another day to find some more beer to take back home with me (which is already a considerable amount).

TNGabe said:
Dc Brau at the hotel. Finally...id had too much to drink to drive down here, but not too much for my wife to send me to park, after she'd accidentally grabbed my phone. Sober, I have the worlds worst sense of direction, inebriated....well there is some lovely architecture in downtown Philly.

Some masshole was trying to give a lady a hard time for drinking SNPA in the elevator, she politely told him to get effed. It was great.

Looks like you have quite the beer cation underway. Jealous, and happy for you! Enjoy Philly and NHC man!

coldcrash said:
Looks like you have quite the beer cation underway. Jealous, and happy for you! Enjoy Philly and NHC man!

Thanks, yesterday was great! Coffee time now, although that 4 pack of 3 beans is looking very tempting....

Little relaxation at a local farmers market

1st time I ever saw Dale's Pale ale in shorty cans! If Jamie's flea market had those,I'd go more often! They have the farmer's market up front there.
I tried a couple of my Maori IPA's yeasterday afternoon. More of a amber copper color,it tasted a lot like SA Latitude 48 IPA,but with NZ hop's fruity/spiceiness laced with some herbal qualities. Interesting change from the cinnamon & alspice with oaked berries,lemon & lime I got from FG samples. 7.2% by Cooper's formula too. And boy,did it feel like it. It had 5 days fridge time as of yesterday,but more time def needed to bring out hop aromas & flavor a bit more. Have to post a pic at later date...

mcbaumannerb said:
Coffee for now ... Tired Hands was great yesterday, but now it's back to reality :( Stupid work...

Sorry about your luck! No reality for me. Enjoying a cup of yrgacheffe. Not bad for store bought. ;) I'm even more of a coffee snob than I am a beer snob. I think liberty wells starts pouring at 10 :) then maybe a trip to Philly Homebrew to look for ECY and then lunch at paseano's.

I have a rule. I can't drink 3 hours before I wake up. It's been about 3 hours. Can't wait.

I was supposed to go get dog food.. Pretty excited about these because I haven't had any yet besides seviin.

One of my favorite brews of all-time (Rogue Choc & Double Choc stouts)

Too much for you, sister? JK...if you're not a complete hop junky RuinTen could be a little offsetting.

I AM a hop junkie. I was just messing with you as this beer has been EVERYWHERE on HBT (for a reason - but I've yet to slam one down).

I'm jealous.

I AM a hop junkie. I was just messing with you as this beer has been EVERYWHERE on HBT (for a reason - but I've yet to slam one down).

I'm jealous.

It's awesome stuff, man...I'd trade you for some Gandhi Bot if you can't find any on the shelf.

Not impressed at all. Do you enjoy it? There are just too many other beers to drink that are way better.

Once you take away its iconic status as one of the pioneer DIPAs, standard Ruination is just an ok beer to me. Ruin Ten is a whole different story in my mind, though. I think it's just as good as any beer I've had from Alpine, and that takes alot for me to say. Nelson, Bad Boy, and Keene Idea are three of my all time favorite beers.

I'm a little jealous. I'm on antibiotics for ten days and can't drink a single drop. I can still brew though!

Dave1096 said:
It's awesome stuff, man...I'd trade you for some Gandhi Bot if you can't find any on the shelf.

PM me man. Let's chat!

Back