Please critique

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MagicLarry

Reaction score
crowlgo.jpg
[/IMG]

I would try a heavier font. Its kind of difficult to read imo something a little thicker would work a bit better.. but not too big then it takes away from the image. I would try to position it differently as well.. maybe centered above and below the crow?

I like the placement, but yea maybe bold the letters so they stand out a hair more...

I like the intent but two things. 1) The photo itself seems exceptionally blurry. Would prefer the photo to be crisp, clean and refreshing... like a summer ale would be imo. 2) Move Port City Brewing above the bird, enlarge and bold. Looks like the bird is crappy your name. Not the best of visual images.

I agree about the bird crapping out the name. I did a quick mockup for you for an idea.
newport.jpg

I like the text positioning a ton better. I actually like the font you used before too. Can you get the photo any crisper?

Wow cappy, thanks for taking the time to do that! I like the positioning of the text and will us it, but i think I'll just increase the size of the original, and make it bold. As far as the "blurriness," the original is not as blurry as what is seen here. Not to say there is none, but this was done intentionally to give a "mirage" like effect when the sun is really blazing. Once again I appreciate the help and feed back. Just another reason HBTers are the best.

Yah, first reaction was "Sweet! I can dig the crow outlined against a fiery sky." Then I noticed some "reddiish" text below that, which didn't stand out so well. Could be because I am druck, or could be because I'm old and can't make out that darned reddish text. Just wanted to put in an opinion for the over forty crowd. Hehe.

Peace.

I really dig the crow. But I agree that the image isn't quite working.
Maybe try posterizing the color distribution. Do you have a "posterize" color
filter in your software? If you keep only 5-7 colors you still have the photo image without the pixel noise. This is a great image and a little more work will really pay off.

Great suggestion riromero! I use Gimp, and I'm pretty sure I can do it. I'll give it a try when I get home, then post. thanks

SummerAle.jpg

Ok here is what I hope to be the final attempt at this label. Not sure what I think about the font yet, but the image is a lot cleaner and changing font is the easy part. Please let me know, thanks.

Nice! That's it. And when you're messing with the font, try going big on the "summer ale" part, maybe even filling the black rectangle at the bottom.

I love how the label is "out of focus", very cool. The Name of the brew should be the main thing you notice, Brewery is second then location of the brewery is third. At least in my mind thats how I see it. I would use the original font and just make them bigger, and move them around. But very cool label, I would use it!

Latest posts

Back