Difference between Weld-B-Gone and Kewler Kitz?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Octavius

Reaction score
We ordered a Weld-B-Gone but I think they sent us a Kewler Kitz.

The kit has 2 O-rings, one about twice as thick as the other. More importantly, the male nipple (whoa!) - the outside threaded cylinder - is not threaded all the way. I'm thinking the Weld-B-Gone has it threaded all the way.

We could not get the valve to tighten in the keggle hole without using the thin O-ring on the inside. The connection does not leak but it is not tight and I'm a bit worried.

If I have this right then we could just order a threaded nipple from morebeer.com for a coupla bucks.

Cheers!

It sounds like the nipple is just too long to me. Sounds like this is what you think too. I would think your idea of buying a new nipple would work. Besides you can never have too many nipples.... female nipples that is.

The easiest solution would be to use a washer or two on the outside to take up the slack. The problem is that SS or brass washers that large are hard to find.

"male nipple" is redundant. All pipe nipples are males and all pipe couplings are females. I know this because I used to breed them! You can check with the Department of Redundancy Department if you don't believe me.

I guess a male nipple is redundant but it does make you wonder why a coupling isn't called a female nipple. How I wish it was!

I know Austinhomebrew.com sells both different sized nipples and they do sell SS washers that fit over nipples. I know this cause I was driving myself crazy trying to find one.

Thanks for the posts.
I'll just get a washer or nipple next time I order.

Cheers!

Back