Hurricane Burner Arrived...oops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BarnabyHooge

Reaction score
This thing is MASSIVE. I had originaly though it would slip right into the current turkey fryer stand I have until a more permanent structure could be made. I don't think that's going to work...

Has anyone ever mounted one of these things as a singular burner? I'll be using it with NG, so I didn't order it with the stand and propane regulator, etc.

I don't have a welder and would like to come up with a solid, but temporary solution to mounting this thing. I'm thinking bricks, some wood and maybe bolted steal? I wonder if the dip tubes from the sankes could assist...

Where does this guy live and what is the local NBC affiliate. I can't wait to see the news.

WOOD? and BURNERS DO NOT MIX.

And I am sorry, I have had a couple of home brews but Steel is spelled STEEL not steal.

You could try walking into a seel fabrication shop or weld shop with some of your home brew and ask for a quick favor. Most places could quickly throw something together with material in the scrap bin. You just need good people skills and enough beer. If that fails try cash.

Temp solution is what he is after. How about some angle iron - drilled & bolted to form a short 1 foot or so high stand.

Thanks, I've got a few ideas down on paper now. I think heading to Lowes with the burner and a hour to burn is probably the best solution. Thanks

Where does this guy live and what is the local NBC affiliate. I can't wait to see the news.

WOOD? and BURNERS DO NOT MIX.

And I am sorry, I have had a couple of home brews but Steel is spelled STEEL not steal.

I didn't ask for a critique on my spelling, Dikhead! Shoot dang I need spell check...

Take a look around this forum, you'll find many examples of wood in brew rigs.

Back