Best compliment youve ever recieved

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HopOnHops

Reaction score
The other day i let(forced) my friend try a bavarian hefeweizen i had made not too long ago. He said, if beer tasted like this i would drink it. This coming from someone who hates beer because all he knows is BMC.

what would you say is the best compliment youve gotten for your homebrew?

"Flawless"
- pro brewer

"Wow, I'd actually drink this!"
- mom

Great thread. And great compliments above.

- My dad, after drinking a cream ale of mine: "This is almost as good as MGD!"

- Ray Daniels, after I poured him a small glass of my IPA: "I LOVE this IPA. Can I have some more?"

Compliment #2 was appreciated a bit more than compliment #1! :D

A friend of mine who's a bit of a beer snob (especially about IPAs) once told me, when we were working at someone else's house, "I wish I had one of your IPAs right now."

Another guy who was an all-grain brewer when I was still doing partial mashes, drank one of my partial mash brews and said, "This tastes like a professional made it!"

From a friend who didn't really drink beer very often.. "Wow! This is straight up beer! I never knew homemade beer could taste this good!" After that one bottle he started drinking various craft beers on a regular basis.

"Fantastic! Don't change anything! Let's chat about this recipe!!!!!!"

Founder and head mazer from Moonlight Meadery

From a friend who didn't really drink beer very often.. "Wow! This is straight up beer! I never knew homemade beer could taste this good!" After that one bottle he started drinking various craft beers on a regular basis.

I think that you started your friend on drinking craft beer is the best compliment you can get. Nice job.

John Maier, after tasting my Rye IPA, saying "This is the flavor I've been looking for!"

Randy Mosher, after tasting my chanterelle wee heavy, bringing Mike McDole and Mitch Steele by to taste it.

John Maier, after tasting my Rye IPA, saying "This is the flavor I've been looking for!"

Randy Mosher, after tasting my chanterelle wee heavy, bringing Mike McDole and Mitch Steele by to taste it.

This is more impressive than having someone tell me my beer burps nice.

I took a corny keg of my summer blonde to a 4th of July party. It was sitting next to an ice chest of BMC. After the party I checked what was left: My keg was empty, the cooler was still full.

I did a honey porter and my brother said that he liked it so much that he wants to buy the ingredients so that I can brew him his own batch of it.

That's awesome- I think you win the "compliments" thread.

But my dad is probably tougher than Randy Mosher, Tasty, AND Mitch Steele combined. :D And my beer was almost as good as MGD, according to him. Because he doesn't like that "homebrew ****". :drunk:

One was not so much spoken as it was observed. The Mrs. and I had a Cinco de Mayo party this year that I made a Jalapeno beer for and bought a lot of commercial brands (mostly mexican). Almost all of the beers drank were mine.

Also, from a friend who is a really picky beer drinker and generally only likes dark malty beers. "Can I have one of your Pale Ales? I really liked it."

- My dad, after drinking a cream ale of mine: "This is almost as good as MGD!"

- Ray Daniels, after I poured him a small glass of my IPA: "I LOVE this IPA. Can I have some more?"

Compliment #2 was appreciated a bit more than compliment #1! :D
You know Ray Daniels?:eek: My 6th brew was his Snowflake Smoked Porter I made back in April, I've got one 6 pack left, so good, I ration it :rolleyes:
:rockin: on his compliment to you.

My best compliment was from my former boss. I gave him a 6 pack of one of my brews, and he told me it was better than any of the craft brews he'd ever bought. :ban:
The ultimate compliment, will be from me, "Damn, that was good"! Wonder if I can do that again?

When they reach past the craft brews in the fridge and grab one of my hommeys.

I always figured people say nice things because they are wimps (like me) and don't want to hurt my feelings (and they would). But when they make the home brew choice, I know they are digging it.

One of my buddies who isn't a big beer drinker said "I've literally been craving your beer all week long dude!" Thought that was pretty cool.

My wife became a beer drinker.

And it gets better: she actively encourages my home brewing because she loves the beer as much as I do. Lucky, eh?

went to a picnic and brought a keg of my lager. There was 5 other commercial beers there my keg kicked in 45 minutes and all the other coolers were still full. No one needs to say a thing the complement was in the drinking:rockin:.

Back