120V wiring help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

magnj

Reaction score
Hey all, I've finally decided mostly how my electric RIMS rig will work. I have a 1500W 120V LWD element for the RIMS and will be heating HLT and BK with propane. I'll be ordering a March 809hs, and have an Auber PID, 25A SSR, and RTD thermocouple in the mail. I purchased a plastic box which I hope will fit it all. Now I'm asking for your help in filling in the blanks.

What do I use for wiring inside the box, where should I look for connectors and switches, Do I want/need main power off, best (cleanest, safest) method of potting the element, and overall wiring?

I've looked at many diagrams and for the most part get how it all works, is there an application online I can use to come up with a first draft for you guys to look at? Thanks in advance.

5439604300_ded04915f4_z.jpg

Pick a system that most closely resembles what you want to do and start with that. I know it is a lot to choose from. If you think that you might eventually automate BK/HLT, then plan NOW for it and use a much larger enclosure to handle the added electronics.

Back