Wyeast forbidden fruit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bensiff

Reaction score
I had my LHBS set aside a few packs of yeast for me and I assumed they gave me the correct ones...no such luck, showed me for not double checking. Now I have a pack of Forbidden Fruit with no want to brew a wit anytime soon. Anyone have experience with this yeast on different styles they could recommend?

That's my favorite Belgian strain. It'll make a lot more than wit. Dark strong, trippel, dubbel, you name it, it'll probably be good.

That's my favorite Belgian strain. It'll make a lot more than wit. Dark strong, trippel, dubbel, you name it, it'll probably be good.

I was planning on doing a Belgian specialty finished with brett...any experience with it used like that?

Yeah, that is a good Belgian strain. I've made many big Belgian brews with that one. Fire up a fruit beer if you want.

I agree that Forbidden Fruit is a fantastic strain. You could use it in nearly anything. The fruit is really subtle and doesn't have any strong esters. I actually saved some to try in a pale ale. Maybe next week.

Back