Boycott Magic Hat Brewing Company...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Imagine how George Harrison felt when he got sued and lost for My Sweet Lord ALLEGEDLY sounding like he copied He's So Fine.

And didn't it say that BOTH have trademark protection ANYWAY?

Boycott Magic Hat cause they suck, not because the owner is paranoid and greedy.

As there are more and more small breweries across the US, I'm sure these name battles are going to crop up a good bit. Doesn't seem like its a huge deal to the brewery renaming their beer. Probably wouldn't have been such a big deal if #9 wasn't Magic Hat's flagship beer.

I'm dyslexic. they're both the same to me.

I'm okay with Magic Shat covering their arse. It's their trademark. Georgetown could just change their beer to "Nine LB Porter" Done, just a label and trademark change.

I would absolutely love for some to hand me a "#9" and it be a nice porter.

B

The owner of Magic Hat was only going to allow Georgetown to do that, change the name to Nine Lb Porter, IF he had legal rights to the name and then licensed it back to them for free.

Probably wouldn't have been such a big deal if #9 wasn't Magic Hat's flagship beer.

it's ridiculous regardless, it's not a clever name and it's not the name of the brewery, it's for an f'n beer. it's like the pencil company going after anyone that uses #2....:boom-tish:

Latest posts

Back