Stainless March Pump Cleaning

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haggismaximus

Reaction score
I picked up a large (5.5 series) stainless March pump off eBay but it is in need of a thorough cleaning. I'm thinking of letting it soak in some PBW for a while, but if that doesn't get all the grime off does anyone have a suggestion for something a bit more aggressive?

I would be surprised if a PBW soak or two didn't do the trick.

I picked up a large (5.5 series) stainless March pump off eBay but it is in need of a thorough cleaning. I'm thinking of letting it soak in some PBW for a while, but if that doesn't get all the grime off does anyone have a suggestion for something a bit more aggressive?

I wonder how much that bad boy set you back? Did you rob a bank or hit the lottery?;):)

I have looked at these for my new build, they are worth more than my car when they are new. That is a great find!

Thus far, I am still stuck with the LG 5-MD-HC pumps

I ended up breaking the bushing in the impeller when I got it, fortunately the replacement is only about $10. Almost had a stroke when they said a new impeller was $650.00.

I'm going to run this pump on Mash and Boil kettle. Just going going to use a 809HS for the HLT since that pump will only be in contact with "pure" water.

Back