So is my Beer Ruined???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zman

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hahahaha!!! just joking. However I did notice that my versions of Denny's Bourbon Vanilla Porter has an unexpected guest in the carboy, a big ol Wasp. I am not worried and he died happy, at least I am assuming he did. So I ask my fellow brewers what types of bugs, arachnids...etc have you fermented and did it improve the taste?:p

I had a grasshopper in the Rubbermaid bin cooling my better bottle haha. I guess no critters have found their way into my beer yet.

How did a wasp get in the carboy?

I am assuming that he got in there during the boil and somehow I missed him getting in there. It is kinda odd since I brewed this about 3 weeks or so ago. It has not been unseasonably warm in Denver but the bugs tens to stay around longer I guess. I need to think of a solution for the summer brew sessions or I just make a line of "Bug Beers"

I have a yellow jacket problem in the summer, but typically that's only in the boil and I strain them out.

Back