Refrigerator Single temp control

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paulasaurus

Reaction score
I'm looking at getting a fridge to use for storing bottles along with lagering and came across a fridge/freezer with a single control in the fridge section. I'd also like to be able to use the freezer for freezing still.

What I need to know is if the temp sensor is in the fridge or freezer section? Lagering temps should be doable at normal fridge settings keeping the freezer freezing but if I were to plug up the shoots that send cold air from the freezer section to the fridge section to allow for lager fermentation(50F) will that somehow mess up the freezer and or cause the fridge to run more thinking it can't get the fridge cooled enough?

Maybe its different on every model but if someone knows i'd help me figure out what I can and cannot do if I pick up this fridge.

Not that this will answer your question, but could you imagine how much simpler making lagers would be if they had lager yeasts active @ 38-40°F?

I agree, it must be a conspiracy to force one into having to buy a dedicated lagerator with temp controller.

On the other hand at least swapping ice bottles 3 times daily allows me to interact with my beer and get to know it on a first name basis. :tank:

Back