Take it out of the fridge or just leave it?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmp138

Reaction score
I've got a chocolate stout that has been in the bottle for about a month and I threw a few in the fridge last week. Tried one tonight and they are definitely not ready yet.

I want to let them condition for at least another month. Ive got about a case left in the closet and a dozen or so in the fridge. Would it be beneficial to take them out of the fridge and put them back in the closet or just leave them for some extended cold conditioning?

I would take them out and put them somewhere dark and cool to condition. Just as an experiment I would leave one in the fridge and compare it to one that was not in the fridge after a month or two. That could be interesting.

I think they'll condition faster at room temperature. Once they're where you like them you could move them somewhere cooler for longer term storage unless you plan on drinking them up within a month or two - then it doesn't really matter.

Stouts condition better/faster at room temperature. I'd put them back in the closet & free up space in the fridge for beer that's ready.

Back