I'm too excited!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laughing_Gnome_Invisible

Reaction score
I wasn't going to start a thread on this, it should be a personal thing.

However, I just can't contain myself any longer! It's been 8 years since I saw my daughter and grandaughter, and they are on their way here. I'm bricking it. Losing it. My face keeps getting mysteriously and uncontrollably wet and my nose keeps running. She is currently in NYC (I'm assuming AirborneGuy will be looking out for them in the course of his job) I will be picking her up Wed morning.

Lisa is 30, or 29 0r 31. Jasmine is 11, maybe younger or older. I'm not an expert with dates, but I know a stripper name when I hear one. (Why did she call her that?)

Oh crap! I just realised that I started a thread, and all I have to say is Oh crap!! EIGHT years!!! See what bad financial decisions will do to your family life!?

I'm not going to post pics here of their visit, but I probably will, or not.

I watched them land at JFK on the computer, well, I watched the tracker thing. That was weird. I have to clean the toilet and do some vacuuming. They went out last night, supposed to do the Empire Sate building thingy. Never saw photos on facebook though, just a photo of Batman with Jasmine.

What the hell can I show them in Norwalk? Hell! We don't have Batman!!

Oh! It's near Halloween, we will be full of batmen soon.

Nervous Happy Nervous HappyNervous HappyNervous HappyNervous HappyNervous HappyNervous HappyNervous Happy

So how does a financial decision keep you from seeing your blood for eight years? Were you on teh run or in jail ?

Well at least you are getting to see them now. Friends may come and go but family is forever. Mostly a good thing.... right?

Well at least you are getting to see them now. Friends may come and go but family is forever. Mostly a good thing.... right?

Mostly is the right word. I'll be amazed if we don't have a terrific time.....But her mother? Well, that is a whole other relationship. It would be churlish of me to say that I am the best parent in the whole world and that my ex is a piece of crap and Lisa knows it.....But l am the best parent in the world, lisa's mother is a piece of crap and she knows it.

OK, I'm giving out way too much personal info in a public forum, and this is simply not acceptable!!

I guess nothing changes with me then. Did I tell you guys about the time......

I wasn't going to start a thread on this, it should be a personal thing.

However, I just can't contain myself any longer! It's been 8 years since I saw my daughter and grandaughter, and they are on their way here. I'm bricking it. Losing it. My face keeps getting mysteriously and uncontrollably wet and my nose keeps running. She is currently in NYC (I'm assuming AirborneGuy will be looking out for them in the course of his job) I will be picking her up Wed morning.

Lisa is 30, or 29 0r 31. Jasmine is 11, maybe younger or older. I'm not an expert with dates, but I know a stripper name when I hear one. (Why did she call her that?)

Oh crap! I just realised that I started a thread, and all I have to say is Oh crap!! EIGHT years!!! See what bad financial decisions will do to your family life!?

I'm not going to post pics here of their visit, but I probably will, or not.

I watched them land at JFK on the computer, well, I watched the tracker thing. That was weird. I have to clean the toilet and do some vacuuming. They went out last night, supposed to do the Empire Sate building thingy. Never saw photos on facebook though, just a photo of Batman with Jasmine.

What the hell can I show them in Norwalk? Hell! We don't have Batman!!

Oh! It's near Halloween, we will be full of batmen soon.

Nervous Happy Nervous HappyNervous HappyNervous HappyNervous HappyNervous HappyNervous HappyNervous Happy
glad to see you're finally getting to see them, but dang, dude, ease up on the meth :D

Congrats. And I must say, this rant(?) Is exactly what I would expect from you. It is also exactly what I would do, up to and including too much personal info.

Good for you Gnomie! And them too! Hope everyone has a great time. BTW, screw batman, NYC doesn't have LGI! :D
Best regards to you & yours!
GF.

I pick them up in the early hours of tomorrow morning. I'm supposed to be working but getting nothing done. Nothing at all!! So much to do, so little self control!! I think I'll try and take a nap. yes, that's what I'll do. Screw work, I'll do some more cleaning. Or work. I'd go shopping, but I'm planning to do that on the way home tomorrow. Maybe I should go shopping now and go again later? Or work, yes, I'll get some work done....Or nap.:pipe:

This.....

Or beer.

Congrats! I know there's a lot of mixed feelings probably coming up for you now. Just focus on the good stiff.

:rockin:

Nope!! No mixed feelings whatsoever!! None at all. I have made a crapload of bad decisions for sure, but none of them with ill intent or anything. Just ones that didn't work out as I'd hoped. Nope, I'm not bad nervous, totally good nervous. Bursting good nervous. It's not like I am out of touch with them, it's just being able to SEE them! HOLD them! Talk to them without my phone-holding hand hurting!....Crap....Having trouble seeing the keyboard again.

Edit: Hold on! you said good STIFF!! What are you? Pervert!! :D

Funny thing....Since they have been coming, I've diverted my beer brewing efforts to other stuff and broken my pipeline. I only have 10 litres home brew, but I'm saving it......Not because I am proud of it, not because I want to savour it, I just want to be able to open a bottle of it and show her that it is actually REAL good quality beer, and that her old man is not just making hooch.......It seems that us guys have to prove this to just about everyone once they hear of what we do! :eek:

I know that I am never serious when I talk to you, but I am this time.

I'm SO thrilled for you. Reconciliation is important in life, and as a fellow parent/grandparent, I'm so excited for you to have this chance.

There are always hurt feelings for children when the "new family" comes along and sees inequality. There are lots of reasons for that, including just being in a different position financially, but a child doesn't reason like an adult. I'm so glad Lisa is coming to visit and that you are so thrilled to see her.

We all made mistakes as parents, and our kids made mistakes as kids. Forgiveness for ourselves and each other may not make hurts totally go away, but it does heal the wounds.

Kiss them both for me, and hug them both just a millisecond too long. That way they know that you treasure them.

Laughing_Gnome_Invisible said:
Why does everyone naturally assume I did something daft!!?? :eek:
I'm going to take a wild shot in the dark and say it's because we've seen your posts. :p

And today is the big day, so if we see you at all, Shame!

Back