Masstoberfest 2015

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was great to see everybody, Especially Alice. She's always such a great host. And Paul is ok. The weather could've been a little better, but having Yooper there, really warmed all of our hearts...Thank you for finally making the trip.. I think we raised a whopping $1.85, for next year...Hope to see all of you at Masstoberfest 2016. Bigger and better, but let's order out for pizza...

No, I raised $1.67. But I also got a Library Card to the Stoughton Public Library. And a blue tuque.

Since the library card was Paul's, it's obviously unused and brand new.

And since the money was all in very small change, I had a good time digging it out of my pocket today in front of TSA. Who the heck donated the friggin' pennies?

I thought they'd never f'ing leave. Jeezus it's not that hard. Come, drink, eat, go home. Operative idea being 'go the f home...'

And as far as the idea of ball gags adorning the Masstoberfest Cup, I'd suggest that a ball gag would be WAY more useful stuffed in the pie hole of the Beer Princess. For the love of the schweet baby Jeezus would you stop yapping for just five f'ing minutes. Da fuq? I've got a splitting headache!

I have to tell you something really funny.

Bob scanned this thread while I was gone, and saw that I won the cup :rockin:
and then he saw this.

He doesn't know Paul at all, but he really thought Paul hates me. I laughed and laughed, because Bob was like, "Just how late did you and Melana stay?"

The only insult there was the "beer princess" remark. I would prefer to be known as "Her Highness" or "Beer Empress". Thanks.

Plus I told Bob the brisket didn't suck. So I had nice things to say about you.

I have to tell you something really funny.

Bob scanned this thread while I was gone, and saw that I won the cup :rockin:
and then he saw this.

He doesn't know Paul at all, but he really thought Paul hates me. I laughed and laughed, because Bob was like, "Just how late did you and Melana stay?"

The only insult there was the "beer princess" remark. I would prefer to be known as "Her Highness" or "Beer Empress". Thanks.

Plus I told Bob the brisket didn't suck. So I had nice things to say about you.

Did you have to explain the ball gag?

How about the "the beer popette" it was almost papel? Or better yet Royal. Except for the fancy stuff. I'm starting on the Yooper slept here sign tomorrow.

Bob said that he wants to make money on the sign. He suggested T-shirts as well. I don't think my $1.67 start would fund that, though.

I just explained the ball gag. He didn't laugh. Until I told him that would be metaphorical, as a way to shut me up. Then he laughed like a madman.

He also pointed out that Paul had one day with me, and was griping about my conversational ability. Bob said "Just think! Paul only spent one day with you. I get to spend every day the rest of the year with you." I'm pretty sure he meant that as a compliment. Or at least I'll take it that way. :drunk:

No, we never did get to the bog. We were late coming back from the Cape, and went back to Melana's.

You know what is most disturbing? In those few short days, I got used to an endless supply of good New England craft beers. I went to my fridge, and I don't even have good Wisconsin beers (Bob drank them, I guess). So, the homebrew is ok, but I LOVED having the wonderful beers I can't get here.

There was one beer called DD something, and even that was OK.

You know, I bet if we had "Yooper Slept Here" shirts made all the guys on HBT would line up for them... especially if they had strategically placed pictures of picnic taps on them.

You know, I bet if we had "Yooper Slept Here" shirts made all the guys on HBT would line up for them... especially if they had strategically placed pictures of picnic taps on them.

Do you think we could get more than $1.67, a used tuque, and a library card? I mean, I hate to mess with success.

Back