New homebrew shop in Pasco

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kadozen

Reaction score
So I live in Pasco county abs have been driving out to Southern Brewing in Seminole Heights. I was on the ol' Google looking for a closer option, and found out one just opened up 5 minutes from me. It's called DK Brewing company. I tried checking out the website but it's apparently not up yet. They also don't have a sign up on the storefront. Anyone been there yet? How is it?

I was by there a couple weeks ago the first day they were open. Mostly starter kits. He plans for more but not sure he has the investment.

I was by there a couple weeks ago the first day they were open. Mostly starter kits. He plans for more but not sure he has the investment.

I stopped by too, and I don't think he's got it yet either. Given the fact I can pick stuff up on my way to work, I think I'll start throwing money at his business. Just don't want to be the only one. He's got cheap prices on the recipe kits, I don't mind doing extract till he "gets the grains sometime in January".

Well I see him posting on craigslist that he has yeast and hops. So I may have to stop in again and see whats new. Other than that, there is a new place getting ready to open in clearwater. I beleive the name is Vetterbrew. This will be a good alternative to the long haul to southern. They are saying they will have 80 different grains and a full line of yeast and hops. Hopefully they will get enough business to keep a fresh inventory. That ride down to southern is getting old.

It's not so much the drive as much as there are other people on the road. I'll have to keep an eye out for the one in Clearwater too. If you stop in to DK before I do post up what's new here, I'll do the same

Update: just went up there. He's got grain but didn't get the mill he ordered with them, so I just picked up some hose and got a stout kit. Said he's got another order that will come in in February. Asked about yeast, all he's got is dry at the moment but he told me to email him and he'll add it to his order. Also coming in February is dme and lme which is good because I mostly do PM biab. As long as I keep a culture of 1318 going for my house strain, the dry yeast won't be a major problem. Seems to be coming along nice over there but still want to check out vetterbrew when they open

I just stopped by there friday on my way to drop off my BFBC entries at Rapp. The contractors were a bit busy so I didnt stick around. Looking forward to them opening.

I've been keeping up with them on Facebook, looks like I'll be going to vetterbrew for my 5 gallon batches, DK for misc supplies and anytime I want to just do a kit or some simple 1 gallon test batches and I'll head of to Southern for events and such. Southern still has the best beer in the area

Hey guys, just saw this post. Got a lot more stuff in than when I originally opened in December. Wyeast and Dry Yeasts, no White Labs at this moment. Possibly in the Fall. We'll see. Most base and specialty grains available and most hops also available.

While I opened the store with mostly extract kits, I have tried expanding as budget allows. I put in special orders for people as well. Come see me again.

D K Brewing
5342 Grand Blvd
New Port Richey, FL 34652

Back