New post a picture of your pint

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1000001276.jpg

Brewed 7 May 22. Briess wheat & pils. 5 IBUs of Idaho 7 (because I had some handy). Bootleg's Sour Solera. Secondary on 250g/l of cherries & a bit of mango. Nice brett-y leather and restrained sourness. About 6½% ABV.

Last edited:
Dirty Chai Brown Ale with Lactose, Cinnamon, Cardamom, Ginger, Allspice, Nutmeg, Clove, Coriander, Black Pepper. Dry Beaned with Jittery Joe's Wake-n-Bake coffee blend.

For just a split second, I read that as “...clove, coriander, Dr. Pepper....” and it sounded like the weirdest dirty chai ever. 🤣

Wow - that's pretty busy. Do all those players get along?

I'd say they do. Like in a (dirty) chai tea. We served it at a county brewfest and it ended up with a 4.2 untappd avg, so not too shabby I think.

For just a split second, I read that as “...clove, coriander, Dr. Pepper....” and it sounded like the weirdest dirty chai ever. 🤣

Well, we also served a Mountian Dew Sour (another club member's, not mine).

Just tapped my Wet hopped Cold IPA with my homegrown hops.

Beer Name: Sweattah Wettah!
Style: Cold IPA
ABV: 7.8%
IBU: 58

Grainbill
-65 % Pilsner
-35% rice

Yeast: 2 packs of 34/70 run at 56*f for 6 days then raised to 64*f for clean up.

Hotside
-1 oz mosaic @20
-.5 oz Columbus @20

0.5 oz Columbus @ F.O.
O.5 oz mosaic @ FO

Whirlpool @ 160 for 30
13 oz fresh whole cone Columbus
10 oz of fresh whole cone cascade

Dryhop @ 56*f for 56 hours.
16.4 oz fresh whole cone cashmere
4 oz Mosaic t90
CCB620DF-1ECA-4CAD-8C03-5928014A00A7.jpeg

How’d this come out for you. I’ve been working with lavender in my wild/saisons for the past few years and I’m really struggling to hit the right balance
I'm very happy with it. It has a pleasant lavender aroma and taste, but it does not punch you in the face. The yeast character and malt still come through nicely. I think I'm gonna enter it into a local comp.

I used .25 oz of culinary lavender added to a 180° whirlpool for a 3.5 gallon batch. I then also made a tincture a lightly dosed a couple of days before packaging.

I'm very happy with it. It has a pleas6 lavender aroma and taste, but it does not punch you in the face. The yeast character and malt still come through nicely. I think I'm gonna enter it into a local comp.

I used .25 oz of culinary lavender added to a 180° whirlpool for a 3.5 gallon batch. I then also made a tincture a lightly dosed a couple of days before packaging.
Maybe I need to try hotside additions. I’ve been using roughly your rate but dryhopping with it. This time I even toasted the lavender as my BIL (culinary trained chef) said it would soften that “soapy/perfumey” character. Even with the brett in there, it slaps you in the face

Another Juicy Bits beauty shot 😋

juicybits_17sep2023.jpg

[edit] I've been taking pics of my hazies every few weeks to see how stable their color is since I've revamped my dry-hopping approach plus adopting the addition of 1 tsp of Ascorbic Acid dissolved in 30ml of RO water in each keg prior to filling. Here is a shot of the first pour from this Juicy Bits batch back in mid-June with the same-batch shot from this evening.

juicy_bits_3months.jpg

Even with the advantage of daylight and the white railing projecting on the early shot the color is virtually unchanged after three months. And I can testify the character is as present as ever...

Cheers!

Last edited:
Just a handful of ounces - but it's the leftover 1.107 OG/1.023 FG chocolate stout that I hit with glucoamylase to see what would happen. And what happened was some 1.008 FG 13.4% ABV chocolate rocket fuel. Woof!

20230921_232226.jpg

Brought a 32 oz PET bottle full up north, gonna get slammed into bed shortly 😴

Cheers!

Back