South Jersey/Philly Group Buy... ROUND 13!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Put me down for one of these too, please:
(1590-B-2) Nylon Straining Bag, Nylon 23" x 24" Large Fine $8.53

Obviously, you don't know me very well.....stop by on a Friday night at my place and you'll see how Barley Legal boys roll.....LOL

When I saw a whole sack order of melanoidin malt and so on, I only could think that you weren't using that yourself. It would go stale and lose a lot of it's flavor by the time one brewer used 55#'s

You brew as a group I see.

I must have been over amping on meds after brewing yesterday.

I thought that once you posted an interest in the smoke malt after I had posted, we would wait to see what type of splits the OP wanted to do.

Then you posted again pushing for a 50/50 split on the smok malt, I kind of lost it.
You guys can take it. I'll get some at another time. I have plenty of other brews planed without a smoked marzen/octoberfest style brew.

I work at Penn and live in southwest so I'd have to drive back over the bridge to get home. I wouldnt mind stopping at your place on my home if you are willing to have me. However, like you said it might be more trouble than it's worth, especially since I'll be getting 4 sacks of grain. Let me know what you think

Yeah that is quite a bit to crush. Maybe I'll have to pass on the crushed wheat. Think I might just order a full for myself (lots of hefes this summer)

When I saw a whole sack order of melanoidin malt and so on, I only could think that you weren't using that yourself. It would go stale and lose a lot of it's flavor by the time one brewer used 55#'s

You brew as a group I see.

I must have been over amping on meds after brewing yesterday.

I thought that once you posted an interest in the smoke malt after I had posted, we would wait to see what type of splits the OP wanted to do.

Then you posted again pushing for a 50/50 split on the smok malt, I kind of lost it.
You guys can take it. I'll get some at another time. I have plenty of other brews planed without a smoked marzen/octoberfest style brew.

It's no big deal OLDBREW. Apology accepted. I honestly just missed your post about the smoked malt. So if you are changing your mind now, and don't want any, I will split with Bound. But I really don't need it - I was simply trying to help Bound so he could get what he needed.

And don't take this personally, but what I do with my grain is my business. No one else's. I like to brew. And I brew a lot of beer with my friends. I am sure you have been brewing for a long time so I am sure you understand my passion. So in the future, please keep your speculations to yourself.

like I said, you guys can split the smoke malt, I'll get it at a later date.

Jeff put me down for 1x BZ-Vien instead of the smoke split

1 x TF-MOPA (Thomas Fawcett Maris Otter)
1 x CM-PALE (Canadian Malting Pale)
1 x CM-SPIL (Canadian Malting Pilsen)

I'd be interested in a 50/50 split of Munich (CM-MUNH or BM-MUNH) and Wheat (CM-WHET) malts

Also, if possible I'd like to have my grain milled as long as it doesn't hold up the order too much. If someone can recommend a grain mill that isn't too expensive, ~$50-80, then I could get whole grain.

it will keep better if you don't mill it- I've got a mill at home and you're welcome to come by and mill your bill for free. main line area

I'd like a bag of Thomas Fawcett Maris Otter
1 X TF-MOPA
interested in splits for
Thomas Fawcett Peated Malt
TF-PEAT
and MFB Special Aromatic
FS-SPAR
on the splits
1/2 bags is good for me ... 1/3 bags too

actually really want the FB aromatic- if no one is interested in a 50/50 split I'll take the whole bag..
the TF peat smoked I'm still looking for a split...

Cool. I'll update my order to reflect 1 x FB-VIEN to be added, split 50/50.
Don't update your original post to reflect your most current order, I may miss something if you don't tell me directly to add or remove something.

WOW almost three days on this group buy and it has not been filled.
I know right! This is some major BS!;)

Only 2 bags to go.

chrisdb... whats poppin' with that aromatic? You taking the whole bag?

Ahhhh. Call it a rookie mistake. Im just so excited to have over 100 pounds of grain at a ridiculously favorable rate. Thanks for clarifying

Only 2 bags to go.

chrisdb... whats poppin' with that aromatic? You taking the whole bag?

Yes.. unless someone else wants to split.
can't do a whole bag of peat smoked, but still interested in a split... if no split then I'll have to take a pass on the peat smoked- I'll never use a 55 lb bag of that!
that would make my order
1x fawcett maris otter
1 x mfb special aromatic

like I said, you guys can split the smoke malt, I'll get it at a later date.

Jeff put me down for 1x BZ-Vien instead of the smoke split

OLDBREW - no problem. We'll split this time and make sure you get some next round. Again, I hope you don't think I was trying to skip over you. It was an honest mistake on my part and I will be more careful next time.

Chrisdb - what did you want to Split? Let me know I will take half a bag of almost anything I'll adjust my plans to the malts I have...let me know what it is good for brewing if you could.

Sergood, added!
MrFugglz, added.

Group buy is now full!

Invoices will go out tonight (9pm-10pm) so look over your orders and make sure they are correct. LAST CHANCE TO MAKE ANY CHANGES!

looking forward to getting in on my first group buy and to meet some of you guys. I have homebrews to trade if anyone is iinterested.

also, just curious how the splits work. Do we have a scale on site, do we guesstimate, or do we do it on our own accord? thanks for setting this up jeff

also, just curious how the splits work. Do we have a scale on site, do we guesstimate, or do we do it on our own accord?

BucksPA - it is each brewer's responsibility to bring their own bags/buckets as well as a scale. Splits are sometimes done right there in the parking lot, but if you can make arrangements with others to split at a later time, that is fine too. It will also help make sure we do not overstay our welcome at NEMF.

Chrisdb - what did you want to Split? Let me know I will take half a bag of almost anything I'll adjust my plans to the malts I have...let me know what it is good for brewing if you could.

sorry.. wasn't paying attention I guess.
I was interested in peat smoked from thomas fawcett and I got no idea what I'd do with it- it just sounded cool

Woohoo!

Anyone want to split another bag of smoked malt???

Hahaha - just kidding.

you have some big stones with the BS you're slingng. I was trying to be a nice guy about this, and you seem to take it as a big joke.

sometimes it is better to let sleeping dogs lie then to poke a stick at them

Latest posts

Back