Forgot hops...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillyDee

Reaction score
I asked the beer kit store employee if I had everything required to make a batch to which he confirmed. I dorve home which is two hours away. I posted on here and someone asked if I had hops and I replied no.He told me to get them or the batch would be on the flat side and no bite.

I now have a 1.5kg can of Black Rock (New Zealand) Draught which is prehopped and a 1.5kg can of light Black Rock malt extract. The manager told me to mix the two together for a 23 litre batch but thought I would come on here and get your opinions.

Thanks

I asked the beer kit store employee if I had everything required to make a batch to which he confirmed. I dorve home which is two hours away. I posted on here and someone asked if I had hops and I replied no.He told me to get them or the batch would be on the flat side and no bite.

I now have a 1.5kg can of Black Rock (New Zealand) Draught which is prehopped and a 1.5kg can of light Black Rock malt extract. The manager told me to mix the two together for a 23 litre batch but thought I would come on here and get your opinions.

Thanks

Got yeast?

Sounds like you'll be on the low hop level. I'd guess you'll end up with a Scottish Export (80) style ale. Malty. Moderately strong. Low hop bitterness and flavor. Not a bad beer at all.

The mix is pre-hopped so you're covered. I suggest making pre-hopped mixes "stock" the first time anyway. Then you can decide what additions (if any) are needed, and what kind (bittering, flavor, aroma, etc.)

23 liters is in the 6 gallon area I think. Will you be using a 7 gallon (26+ liter) pail? You'll want to be sure you have room and may need a blowwoff tube.

Back