When's the last time you got s***faced drunk?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A while ago probably over a month. I had this bottle of Baccardi 151 and I started off with Coke and Rum, then for some unknown reason/stupidity I took a shot or two of it straight. These werent really "shots" just pulls out of the bottle. My stomach let me know immediatly that it did not like what I had done. I sat in the bathroom waiting to puke. Not from drunkenness just the burn of the alcohol. Never puked and I got over it. So I decided to make another C & R before a movie. I went to bed feeling like I was gonna die. Never puked but it was really crappy. I rarely allow myself to get that bad because it is so damn uncomfortable.

3 weeks ago..........started at 1 bar with a couple High Lifes, then found out they had Guinness in a bottle, so I had one. Then some girlie shot that was bought for me, and another beer I can't recall.......maybe Sam Adams?

Then we went to my favorite bar where I ordered a La Fin Du Monde in the hopes of splitting it with one of my buddies that was on his way.......he never showed. So I drank it. Then I had a Christian Moerlein OTR to top it off.

Then puking commenced. I won't be mixing 1/2 dozen beers and drinks anymore!

It certainly wasn't the last time, but it was definitely the worst. About 5-6 years ago on New Years I went to a party and was doing shots, not realizing the "shot glass" was probably 2-3oz in size. Next thing I knew I was down for the count and crashed out on a sofa. After the party I was being driven home, and had to stop once to vomit. Once I got home and out of my clothes it was serious passout time. The next day was spent curled up on the couch with the occasional run to the bathroom to blow chunks.

I don't think I drank for 6 months after that.

It's been along time since I was fall-down pass-out drunk. I love to drink beer and will drink a bit too much from time to time but not to the point that I get completely wasted. The day after makes drinking that much just not worth it.

On Saturday I went to my friends' home from high school and they had a Luau theme BBQ. Pretty good food - stuffed myself on crab and a half rack of Red Hook Long Hammers. My other friend (a guest) pulled out a couple bottles of Crown Royal and started me on shots. I didn't puke, but the next day I felt pretty rough. As rough as I've felt in a long time.

Probably about a month ago. Started out as "lets grab a pizza and a beer with a couple friends of ours". Then me and my buddy said, One more? sure. and then it was hopeless. I made joking comment to the waiter/bartender (another friend of ours) that my buddy was feeling like som turkey. So outcome the wild turkeys shots on the house. That opened the gates to another round of wild turkey, carbombs, many more beers, another round of wild turkey (I should have stopped when I took the 3rd shot and said, That went down really smooth!!),followed by red headed sluts (where they accidently filled the beer all the way up so we just shot the 151, and "planned" to drink the beers) and . Needless to say the 151 was appearently half an ounce over my liquid fill line in my throat and I made it to the Bathroom just in time to vomit my brains out into the urinal! I woke up the next day feeling great! I was extremely confused! Maybe it was my mind saying "NO! WE ARE NOT SICK TODAY. My buddy on the other hand was not so lucky with his mind outsmarting his body. He went to work for about an hour and admitted defeat to the bathroom the rest of the day.

last night, the bartender bet me that he could get me puking drunk for $12. I took that bet and whipped it, and my liver. bad idea.

About 5 years ago I was drunk to the point of blacking out, drinking rum or bourbon and cocktails all night, I didn't get sick though.
Maybe 10 years ago when I drank half a bottle of bourbon in 20 min I got sick.
About a week ago I didn't drink for three days, then I drank my normal amount and had trouble walking straight.
But normally I drink a fair bit and it doesn't even give me a buzz, just makes me tired.
I'm actually cutting down now I'm just doing homebrew and not buying any as it cost so much now, I have to wait so long for my brew to mature so I have a fair few days per week without drinking now.
I'm using all my money on HB gear and ingrediants instead.
edit: Here in australia, the cheapest case of beer is $30, something drinkable is $40+. The cheapest bottle of spirits is $28. On sale they might be cheaper, but at bottleshops open after 8pm their often more, so it evens out at those prices, and the $au is about $0.93c so the prices are close to $US

last night... Stopped by my brew friend's place to make a wort chiller. After, we went out for food and beers. on the way home out came the famous "hey let's stop in here for one more"

I missed my subway stop. And the 7 after that. . . That added 45 minutes to my commute.

Haven't gotten stupid drunk in a while. Felt really good.

We were on out 5th cruise and were invited to a special cocktail party for frequent cruisers. Our waiter asked if I liked my martini. When I said yes, he said that I needed one for my other hand. Two fisted drinking for more than an hour and it was before dinner.

During dinner I thought I was going to faceplant in my plate. I didn't make it to dessert. After a three hour nap I was okay. No liquor for me anymore on an empty stomach.... (is there such a thing as an empty stomach on a cruise ship?)

Latest posts

Back