Mold?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andremarron

Reaction score
I know there is a lot of threads about it, and i read all of them. But i had to ask.
This is my third Batch. It's a Leffe clone, fermented 5 days in primary, racked to secondary. Two weeks on secondary (at 65F), and then two days of cold break at 50F.
When i opened the secondary fermenter, i saw this very thin white layer over the beer, and bubbles all over it. Just white, no colours, and very thin.
Here is a picture:
img03031.jpg

Beer smells and tastes very good and close to the original. Gravity after primary and secondary were identical.

From your experience, would you say it's an mold infection or something else?

I transfered the beer to a bottling bucket, careffuly trying to avoid this white stuff, but as the beer was being racked, this white layers just mixed with the beer and dissapeard.

If it is mold, I know the beer will be drinkable and will not kill me, but did i just created bomb bottles? lol

Thanks in advance..and sorry for the repetitive thread.

just wait and see how it turns out. lots of people INTENTIONALLY put lacto in their beers.

You might end up with a wonderful sour beer,

Two options: bottle it up and drink it as soon as it's carbed (a good idea with wits anyway) or let it ride for a year and see if it turns into a tasty sour. Leffe sounds like it could potentially make a tasty sour.

Back