God I love...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with you to a certain point!

I LOVE the smell of raw grains and hops
I LOVE the smell of wort approaching the boil
I HATE the smell of wort once the hops go in

:D

My wife doesn't...lol...brewed today and when she came home for lunch I got a "damn it stinks in here" lol......

Mods, please ban Germelli1 immediately.

Non-banning will result in some sort of horribly offensive posting that will further damage poor Revvy's already questionably heart situation.

THINK... OF... REVVY!!!! Think of him you insensitive bastards!!!!

Mods, please ban Germelli1 immediately.

Non-banning will result in some sort of horribly offensive posting that will further damage poor Revvy's already questionably heart situation.

THINK... OF... REVVY!!!! Think of him you insensitive bastards!!!!

:D I like the smell after fermentation has begun... Hell, I even like the smell of yeast (Saccharomyces cerevisiae)!

But something about wort when it is boiling after you add hops just does not please my nose!

HAHA

House now has post-brew smell. Wife due home from work in an hour... I think it's time to grab a pint from the keezer and go down to the garage...

Actually she doesn't mind the smell. Actually like it, and helps me brew. But I spilled some wort on the stove and it got burned on there. I left that. This will less than please her. lol

I hate boiling inside just because I hate adding two gallons of humidity to the inside of the house. I do love, crave the smell of boiling wort with hops. During my winter brews my head iis right over the pot.

Might need to move brew to the garage so I can smell it longer. =] ever since I started brewing Ive developed an addictionto hops. Now my beer glasses always look like a swamp of whole hops.

My wife (who dislikes beer, but I'm working on her) came in last week when I was brewing my first batch and said "What ever your making smells wonderful!" I hated to disappoint her but maybe she'll a least try it in a couple of weeks!

I hate boiling inside just because I hate adding two gallons of humidity to the inside of the house. I do love, crave the smell of boiling wort with hops. During my winter brews my head iis right over the pot.

Having just moved from Gainesville, FL I totally understand not wanting to add humidity to the house. lol

But now I live in the desert, where I keep TWO humidifiers (not a dehumidifier like they sell in the southeast, but quite the opposite) all the time. So the added from the brew is a bonus.

It might have been 110 degrees here today, but I will take 110 dry over 90 and humid any day.

I just made BM's centennial blonde three nights ago. I've never had centennial hops before. When I opened the package, I swear I sat there smelling them for a good 5 minutes. MMMMM. My wife, however, didn't like the smell of them. Oh well, hope it turns out delicious!

My wife and two kids hate the smell of it. My 5-year old is the biggest complainer about it. I got the last laugh though....my hops garden is being planted right outside his bedroom window.

In the middle of the Winter I love doing a batch inside. The house is always so dry that it's a nice change to do something that adds both heat and humidity into it.

I think everyone in my house has learned to love the smell.

Then again, I brew outside, so I don't really care either way.

I'm really going to have to make another batch of that 2H soon too. Add it to the list.

I was doing my first home brew Sunday night and the wife walked up with a bad look on her face and said "that smells awful" and walked off. I guess it's a good thing I was brewing outside.

When I was brewing up my English bitter,& made the 2nd addition of Haulertauer,my son came down,got a whiff,& said " Damn! That smells like shizz!". But my wife seems to like the smell of the BK. No accounting for tastes,I guess...

Love:
smell of the AG process
smell of the sweet wort
Fresh hops
smell of the air lock
smell of the final product

Dislike:
smell of boiling hopped wort. Just doesn't work for me.

Hate:
smell of spent grains two days later (like 15lbs of puke)

My daughter likes the smell of beer (she's 3).
Neither my wife or daughter like the smell of hops, which I cannot fathom. My daughter thinks the grain in the MLT smells "stinky". She almost had to go to time-out.

Back