Loudoun VA/WV Brewers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm in Loudoun, but don't do anything with the local clubs. I know there's one that does meetings around the DC area, and another that does them in Herndon. However, don't know of any that do meetings in Loudoun.

I'm a newb in Sterling looking for a club also. Is there a site or a name for said Herndon club?

I believe the Herndon club is Warthogs and the really big and great club (I belong) is BURP. Membership in BURP is VA/DC and MD. We have monthly meetings that are like picnic/brewfests in one. I highly recommend it and I don't like clubs in general.

PM me if you want any info or just google it.

Sheldon

Those are the two I was referring to. I've heard good things about both, but living in Leesburg, I'm leery of driving to the locations where BURP holds their meetings.

check out the website sometime this week or next will be an updated newsletter. If you decide to come, PM me for location specifics, they don't publish it, but new members are invited. The club likes to advocate "bring more food than you will eat and bring more beer than you will drink". But this meeting I believe will be a "don't bring beer" meeting because we get to drink all the non winning entries from the Spirit of Free Beer competition, but the folks are really kewl. The one in Nokesville will be a regular "bring your home or commercial brew".

Sheldon

Reserecting an old thread but there is a club starting in loudoun. Most people already know about it though. Pm me for details and follow @locohomebrewers on twitter.

Did you ever get one started in Loudoun? I live in Leesburg.

Dan

Dan - I participate with NOVA Homebrew, we meet in Sterling on the third Tuesday of each month. Small club, about 20 members in total with 12 really active people. Great group of guys, I joined back in Jan/Feb. Website is www.novahomebrew.com

Back