Dogs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had to put my buddy down, he started acting really strange, trouble walking and head shaking like he had parkinsons. Vet said that it was most likely a brain tumor. He was 17, I got him from the pound 12 years ago. Couldn't let him suffer, he's in a better place now. This pic is of him at our last fishing trip in October at Lake Billy Chinook.

RIP to your friend! Always hard to lose a pal but we're even more thankful to have them while they're here

Had to put my buddy down, he started acting really strange, trouble walking and head shaking like he had parkinsons. Vet said that it was most likely a brain tumor. He was 17, I got him from the pound 12 years ago. Couldn't let him suffer, he's in a better place now. This pic is of him at our last fishing trip in October at Lake Billy Chinook.

Sorry to hear man. It sounds like he enjoyed a full life with yall.

Sorry to hear.... Had same thing with my sons dog, Mason that stayed with us over the holidays.... He kept mopin around looking for our Freedom. They got along great when Mason would come to visit. It was so sad/cute that when he first got here, he was looking for her, and found the box with her ashes and collar next to it sitting on the bottom shelf of a table in the living room, and he just laid his head on the box and stood there for a minute or two. Not a dry eye in the house. Dogs are way more intelligent/intuitive than most humans will give them credit for.
Your shepherd is young enough she'll adopt the new one pretty readily tho. It's a shame you couldn't take her with you to help pick out her new companion, that would be awesome.

Sorry to hear- never easy even when it's the right thing to do.

Bit late here but this is what we subjected our dog to this christmas.

Last year was reindeer horns.

She was properly rewarded with many treats after this humiliation :D

scrappy christmas.jpg

Nice dogs! I have a soft spot for goldens. Is the pic taken in Alaska too or just some other northern area?

So we couldn't take the empty place in our hearts any longer after losing 'Freedom' last September, and after a close call with a pure breed Husky that was born with only 3 legs, and the rat bastards that wanted the Husky declined it because of that (May they NEVER be successful dog owners again), and she got adopted by a family that had a son born with only one leg (yeah, not a dry eye here either), we fell into this guy. Seems to be a Beagle Dachshund mix....Beagle with short legs, lol. He's about 2, and appropriately full of energy. We wanted a big dog, but 'Moogie' just kinda fell in our laps, so we'll get the bigger one when we move to the bigger yard this summer.
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1421288501.098289.jpg
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1421288536.783663.jpg

So we couldn't take the empty place in our hearts any longer after losing 'Freedom' last September, and after a close call with a pure breed Husky that was born with only 3 legs, and the rat bastards that wanted the Husky declined it because of that (May they NEVER be successful dog owners again), and she got adopted by a family that had a son born with only one leg (yeah, not a dry eye here either)/QUOTE]

That reminds me of Owen and Haatchi.
Watch this video and tell me you don't tear up, I dare ya.

E:60: Owen And Haatchi: http://youtu.be/OlOjYHn_yIg

So we couldn't take the empty place in our hearts any longer after losing 'Freedom' last September, and after a close call with a pure breed Husky that was born with only 3 legs, and the rat bastards that wanted the Husky declined it because of that (May they NEVER be successful dog owners again), and she got adopted by a family that had a son born with only one leg (yeah, not a dry eye here either)/QUOTE]

That reminds me of Owen and Haatchi.
Watch this video and tell me you don't tear up, I dare ya.

E:60: Owen And Haatchi: http://youtu.be/OlOjYHn_yIg

Wow thanks a lot, started bawling like a baby 6 mins into the video. I need a beer now.

Don't hate me. My wife did this at Christmas, before I got home from work one night. Ah, who am I kidding, this is mild abuse compared to the short jokes we make.
I present Bassett Elf.

Bassett Elf.jpg

We just had to put this guy down a few weeks ago. Bear was 16 1/2 but had suffered with a bad back/hips for the last few years. Bought him for my son many years ago but when my ex & I divorced 8 years ago, it was just me & Bear until my current wife asked me to keep her cocker while she sold her house about 5 years ago, when we still dating. We didn't know when but knew his time was short; he had a stroke New Years Day & we took him to the vet the next day. He put up a good fight for a long time but he is not in pain anymore. We have a cocker spaniel, Katie, that is totally lost since Bear passed. They have been together for about 5 years & although they got along well, other than sniffing each other's butts occasionally & maybe fussing over the food bowl from time to time, Katie's behavior really surprises us. It's been a couple of weeks & Katie is still lost. My wife & I talked about it today how she is not adjusting to Bear being gone. Miss my buddy everyday!
IMG_0152_zpsbdd08d08.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Don't hate me. My wife did this at Christmas, before I got home from work one night. Ah, who am I kidding, this is mild abuse compared to the short jokes we make.
I present Bassett Elf.

Your dog reminds me of Bob Newhart, he even looks kinda like Bob Newhart.
Regards, GF.

From page 238 ... the video about Owen and Haatchi

"Boom, that's how I roll".
I almost died when he said that.

That, and when he was asked "how do you live with the pain?" ... he said (at 4:20) "I have to man up and take it ... take it like a man."

wow. The certainty, the strength in the way he said it. Blew me away.
An insight that some don't find after a full life of living.
Like he said, that's how he rolls. Yep.

Saturday, we picked up our 5 month old reverse female brindle boxer. She was sort of a rescue and the people we got her from hid that she has a urinary tract infection. Which means right now she wears a diaper until her leaking stops. If the anti-biotics don't work in week, we will have to have her get ultra sound to see what is going on inside. Oh her name is Bella Mae.

10410937_10203944150945222_7196459402061779129_n.jpg

Saturday, we picked up our 5 month old reverse female brindle boxer. She was sort of a rescue and the people we got her from hid that she has a urinary tract infection. Which means right now she wears a diaper until her leaking stops. If the anti-biotics don't work in week, we will have to have her get ultra sound to see what is going on inside. Oh her name is Bella Mae.

Beautiful boxer.

thanks jsprinceiii......we've been looking for a female brindle with a black mask for about a year and we found her on craigslist. Tomorrow morning she's going back to the vet so they can take a sterile urine sample and have it sent out for culture tests, to see what the right anti-biotic is, as she is still incontinent. Kinda cute to see her with a diaper on.

thanks jsprinceiii......we've been looking for a female brindle with a black mask for about a year and we found her on craigslist. Tomorrow morning she's going back to the vet so they can take a sterile urine sample and have it sent out for culture tests, to see what the right anti-biotic is, as she is still incontinent. Kinda cute to see her with a diaper on.

That is great, even better when someone cares!
We have two Pits' that were rescues..

Back