Beer Tower...Adapter?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sneakysnitch

Reaction score
Got the new Beverage Air Kegerator on a scatch and dent type of sale! It will hold 4 (Thats right...4) Homebrew kegs!

So here is my plan, 2 regular home brews and 1 stout on tap (space 4 will be for lagering). The tower is a 3" single set up. I am thinking about a tower adapter such as micromatic sells.

Anybody use one of these? Does it look decent? Is is more trouble that it's worth?

Or should I just scratch around, stop brewing for a while and get a 3 tap tower?

Suggestions?

Sneakysnitch said:
Got the new Beverage Air Kegerator on a scatch and dent type of sale!

Heh,

My car, referidgerator, dishwasher, dog, house, wife... oops I mean everything except my wife is scratch and dent.

There is no shame in it!

You might go with the 3 tap tower. Personally I find 2 is plenty but to each his own.

I strongly suggest Morebeer.com's quick releases for the lines so you can swap in the occasional quater barrel of commercial stuff for parties, the occasional period when you're not brewing at your normal capacity and when you want something on tap that you haven't been able to cook up yet.

My wife bought me a Haier kegerator last year for fathers day. It came with a 2" single tap tower but would hold three home brew kegs. I got a single 3" tower from someone who upgraded to a triple for free, and then bought a 2 tap tower addition on E-bay for $15. Scrounge around your brew club buddies, you might be suprised what is sitting in the basement/garage/attic. My triple tap conversion is shown here:

http://www.packardtechnology.com/beerstuff/single_to_triple_tap_conversion.htm

It works great, I upgraded to ventmatic faucets, and am really happy with it. Only minor issue is that the taps are quite close together, so it would be tough to use any oddball wide tap handles as they would bump into each other.

Back