The new Tattoo

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pumbaa

I prefer 23383
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Some of you were asking and I said I would post a link, BUT the tattoo shop's site is being worked on and the slider bars dont work atm, so I figured I would just take a picture and post it . . .

It was schedualed to take 4 hours in the chair but only took about 3:15 - 3:30ish with 2 breaks in there somewhere. It's still pretty sore since it's only 2 days old now and the shine is from the flash and the lotion I've been keeping on it. I have no clue what the yellow is unless it's the bruising. Speaking of bruising if I had thought of it I wold taken a picture of the bruise below my left man boob from the ribs I cracked at a fire the other day. Fortunatly they hurt enuff that my ribs are making my tattoo feel like nothing.

2086-DSCN0389.JPG

Well if you're smart and do a bit of shopping in some seedy areas it's not too bad. Head out to a sex shop and get yourself some benzacain cream. It will probably be sold as "stayhard" or some other cheesey name, but check the active ingredient and get the highest concentration you can get.. I dunno what the stuff I used was called but almost afraid to look :p .

It's a topical analgesic kinda like novacain but not as strong. It will desenstise your skin so when they are doing the tatto it knocks out about 80% of the sensation. You'll still feel the heat the needle builds up but it definetly takes the edge off.

I am scheduled to go under the gun on may 6th. Maybe sooner. I use a guy named Gill Montie in Beaumont. Prettty well known fella. I told him I wanted to go with an oriental theme to match all my other tats, but I wanted him to freehand whatever he felt like. He said no problem....Minimum of 4 hrs, $100/ hr. So what the heck, time to add more ink.

Looks nice Pumbaa.....Was he a buddy of yours?

I got my first last year. Not kidding it is the Packer G. Then they go 4-12. :rolleyes: :eek: Oh well, I like it. I already have plans for #2.

He's my little brother. He had a motorcycle accident back in January lingered for about 9 days then passed. He was 31 years old and had 2 little girls who are still in New Mexico. (Hoping his wife moves back so I can take care of the little 2 girls but I dont see it happening soon).

No worrys, Dont be sorry (it's all I'm hearing again when people ask) I should have mentioned who he was in the main post.

**kinda funny story**

Back to did it hurt for a minute . . .

With the benzacain like I said it wasnt too bad what did hurt was. . . when I fell at that fire the next day and went to the ER the PA was checking me out and doing the primary assesment b4 I saw the doctor. Even though I told her that my chest hurt after taking a fall and landing on a stack of crap; my radio, my flashlight (them ones with the giant box like battery), a hose coupling and my face piece she had to do a cardiac questionaire and a tramua questionaire. When she got to the trauma part and was doing the hands on exam she was touching my head, neck and chest asking how they felt . . . then she moved on to my arms . . . With latex gloves on she puts her hands on both of my shoulders and then begins rubbing up and down my arms RIGHT OVER the fresh tattoo . . . "does that hurt?" As she's doing it I look at her and kinda howl/growl at her and pull away. She gives me a wierd look as says "I thought it was just your ribs that you hurt." I told her that tattoo she just rubbed the hell out of was less then 24 hours old and it didnt hurt b4 but really does now . . . I thought she was gonna cry

Dude said:

I got my first last year. Not kidding it is the Packer G. Then they go 4-12. :rolleyes: :eek: Oh well, I like it. I already have plans for #2.

I'm going to wait till the Lions win the Superbowl and then celebrate with tattoo.
Looks like I may be waiting a long time.

Dude said:
Shooting for 0-16 are you? ;)

The nice thing about tattoos is it's never too late.

On a side note it's been 4 days now and it's healing up right quick. Itching like a mofo and the bruising an swelling are going away so the red and yellow around the edges are going away too. It's also starting to lighten up nicely actualy, allowing the shading to look like shading instead of random black blotches, as the dead skin is flaking off. Last night after my shower I actually had to rinse the shower out to get all the little black flakes of skin down the drain:D

I got one last fall after a motorcycle accident, someone hit me from behind and broke 3 vertebrae, i could have easily been killed, anyway the attt is on my forearm and read from rightside up it reads life, and upsidedown reads death.Shows how close the two are.

Dude said:

If #2 is a Brewer logo I will personally drive out there and sandblast it off. They don't need any help screwing things up. Lost again to the Reds 11-0.:mad:

ablrbrau said:
If #2 is a Brewer logo I will personally drive out there and sandblast it off. They don't need any help screwing things up. Lost again to the Reds 11-0.:mad:

O hell no.

I watch the Brewers and all but they frustrate me more than the pack.

Next tat is going to be NON-SPORTS.

Did you watch that ****e today? I hate it when the Brewer hitters make every opposing pitcher look like Cy Young.

Dude said:
O hell no.

I watch the Brewers and all but they frustrate me more than the pack.

Next tat is going to be NON-SPORTS.

Did you watch that ****e today? I hate it when the Brewer hitters make every opposing pitcher look like Cy Young.

Dear lord I hate you right now. Brewers and Pack = 2 teams I can't STAND. I'm going to a Brewers/Cubs game in July, and I'll be decked out in as much Cubs gear as I can wear without looking like a fag.

I'll be decked out in as much Cubs gear as I can wear without looking like a fag.

Good thing you are going in July, cuz going outside in Chicago naked can be cold sometimes . . . watch out for the cops, they dont like streakers
:drunk:

Cheesefood said:
Dear lord I hate you right now. Brewers and Pack = 2 teams I can't STAND. I'm going to a Brewers/Cubs game in July, and I'll be decked out in as much Cubs gear as I can wear without looking like a fag.

What can I say I'm a Cheesehead. Hell even my house is a renovated cheese factory (go figure-it's in WI after all) Go BREWERS!:rockin:

Back