Greetings from Castle Rock, CO

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

free2brew

Reaction score
Howdy all,

Just found your forum yesterday, read a bit, and went out and got me a quality setup today from the local supply store. Had a blast this evening getting the brew on and the wort into the fermenter. Extract brew to start, maybe some Betterbrew coming up :)

Well, Cheers to all! :mug: Looking forward to moving to secondary in a few days.

Peace out, :fro:

- Chris

Hi and welcome to HBT.

Congrats on the new setup and putting it to good use. Nothing wrong with starting with extract and for that matter staying with extract, you can make some kick a$$ beers as you will soon see.

Read through the forum and post any questions you might have, lots of good info here to help you along.

Heya runhard,

I was considering a Fat Tire clone of some sort, using extract and specialty grains. It was my recent introduction to New Belgium brews that got me fired up to get a setup and try my hand at crafting my own. FT reminds me so much of Lighthouse Amber from Santa Cruz (my hometown), and I haven't had anything like that in years.

Any and all suggestions are appreciated!

Heya Rich,

I found the Old West Homebrew supply shop down in CO Springs via google, and ran down there last Sunday to purchase my setup. They've got a site as well: http://www.oldwestbrew.com/ . I'm interested in checking out other shops in CO as well, to get an idea of what's out there. Any recommendations?

Thanks!

- Chris

free2brew said:
Heya Rich,

I found the Old West Homebrew supply shop down in CO Springs via google, and ran down there last Sunday to purchase my setup. They've got a site as well: http://www.oldwestbrew.com/ . I'm interested in checking out other shops in CO as well, to get an idea of what's out there. Any recommendations?

Thanks!

- Chris
The place I shop, The Brew Hut, is just down the street from me. They are great and they have their own small brew pub behind the store. It would be worth a trip for you and you could have a beer while visiting.

Thanks, Rich! That's a mere 17 minutes from my work (down in south DTC)

:rockin:

I will absolutely check it out, maybe later this week.

So stoked, have great action in the airlock and krausen is nice and thick (though not coming too near to the top of the 6.5). You know you're an obsessive newbie when you're checking your yeastie beasties at 2 in the morning just to make sure they're ok.

My wife has no idea what she's in for with my newfound 'hobby' :cross:

Back