Headytopper ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1fast636

Reaction score
Was wondering if any of you locals up there could help me out? My in law is making a beer run for me (she lives up there) I was wondering what the going rate for heady topper is? 4 pack price or 6 pack price which ever it's sold and what is the price on a case? I don't want to have her looking for it if its pricy as hell

Only sold in 16oz can 4 packs. I am planning a trip out there with the family and want to pickup a case. I called a couple of stores and it seems to go for about $14 per 4pk.
Very limited distribution. Check the alchemist brewery website for a distribution map. Also goes very fast, the stores I called said they are usually sold out within a couple of days of delivery, every week!

Was wondering if any of you locals up there could help me out? My in law is making a beer run for me (she lives up there) I was wondering what the going rate for heady topper is? 4 pack price or 6 pack price which ever it's sold and what is the price on a case? I don't want to have her looking for it if its pricy as hell

It's about $75/case. Have the in-law call them first. I live 3 hours from the brewery and I know a lot of friends who have driven there only to find out they can't buy ANY. Not at stores. Not at the brewery. None available. I know a guy who drove 3 hours and struck out at Alchemist and also at Hill Farmstead. Spent another few hours driving to local stores that claimed they carried it, and struck out there, too. Drove home empty handed and defeated.

I have a friend who drives by Alchemist on his way home from work. I usually ask him to stop in during the week mid day and so far he's been able to score me 2 cases without anybody even flinching. So please pass that info on to your in-law.

Spend the $75 for the case. When people find out you have fresh Heady a lot of them will offer you $20 for a single can. Have that happen to me all the time. Local liquor store guys, etc.

They hold back on purpose, I tell you!

zc

Ok got another question what are some of alchemist other great brews? I'm an ipa and stout fan to help narrow it down. So I can have a list for her to pick up

Ok got another question what are some of alchemist other great brews? I'm an ipa and stout fan to help narrow it down. So I can have a list for her to pick up

They only have one.

They have a gluten free beer contract brewed right now(celia)

The brew pub was destroyed by the floods while they were opening the cannery for HT. Theoretically they will make some of their other beers, but why would they want to produce anything else when they can produce one beer that cannot be kept in stock. Once they expand 3 or 4 more times, maybe they make some of their other beers. They just doubled HT production, BTW.

Oh learned something new today. Ok well then one last question but have a feeling I already know it if she was to go to the brewery can she get growlers of HT? Or is it can or nothing sorry for all the questions wish I was up there and wasn't sending someone to hunt down the mystical heady topper lol

If you follow them on facebook, they'll tell you when the beer is available. I think they can on Mondays and Thursday/Fridays. If you arrive on those days, you're good to go.

i live in burlington (30 mins from the cannery in waterbury) and we get weekly shipment of heady topper to the liquor store around the corner from my place. the going rate here is $14 including tax for a 4 pack of cans. they go really really really fast (within an hour usually) so be sure to call ahead and know exactly when they are due to arrive.

Damnit. I am an IPA fanatic and still haven't had Heady Topper. Asked for it at my local spot and they said Connecticut can't get the beer.

Hopefully she will be heading that way on a canning day so she can snatch me up some to hoard in my beer fridge lol hoping this summer to make it up there and do some brewery tours

Friday between 10 and 12 to get some at the cannery. $3 per beer, with tax it ends up about $13.50 for the 4 pack.

Sweet ill map it for her and see if she doesn't drive right by it on her way there or from there guess we will see

Well she is stopping at the brewery Monday it's a surprise on how much I'm getting so guess ill see when it arrives

Back