Auber SYL-2352 PV reading way off

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NoCornOrRice

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I built a 1 pid e-brewery and plugged it in about 45 minutes ago. The PV value read about 1245 (with the thermocouple in water that was about 65 degrees F) over the last while the PV value has gone up, gradually, one degree at a time, to 1255.

I tried to run auto-tune, but this did not seem to help. The PID delivers power just fine in manual mode, but doesn't in automatic. I set the SV to 120F.

Please help me out!

Edit: the PV value is nw reading 1258 and there is a boil in the pot.
Also, I have a three-wire TC from Auber

I built a 1 pid e-brewery and plugged it in about 45 minutes ago. The PV value read about 1245 (with the thermocouple in water that was about 65 degrees F) over the last while the PV value has gone up, gradually, one degree at a time, to 1255.

I tried to run auto-tune, but this did not seem to help. The PID delivers power just fine in manual mode, but doesn't in automatic. I set the SV to 120F.

Please help me out!
IMHO - You do not have your PID set up properly for the temprature probe that you are using. Almost sounds like you are using a RTD temp probe and the PID is configured for a type K. The setup procedure is in the manual for the PID.

If you need help, Call Suyi Liu (owner of Auber Instruments). He will help you.

Edit:
Also, I have a three-wire TC from Auber
Yup.. It's a RTD probe.

I also had a screwy auto tune that seriously messed up the PID settings. Once I reset the P,I and D settings it was reading properly. It sucked having to move the I setting from 9999 (and yes the setting will not loop back to 0, I set up a movie and held the down button for over an hour)

I also had a screwy auto tune that seriously messed up the PID settings. Once I reset the P,I and D settings it was reading properly. It sucked having to move the I setting from 9999 (and yes the setting will not loop back to 0, I set up a movie and held the down button for over an hour)

If you hit the a/m button it moves the decimal point so you can move from 9999 to 500 in seconds vs. an hour, :)

Back