Electric Cooler?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benbradford

Reaction score
Has anyone ever seen anyone using cooler for electric kettle?

Just a random thought...

Coolers don't hold up well above mashing temperatures... just heating sparge water in one is pushing it. I had to replace one of my 10 gallon Gott coolers after it cracked on the inside. Seemed to result from the thermal shock of going from sparge temps to hitting it with cold water from the hose.

I just had this vision of 3 coolers stacked for brewing that could be put outside after brew day...

I just had this vision of 3 coolers stacked for brewing that could be put outside after brew day...

i like the way you think...

how bout matching a cheap stainless pot to fit inside the cooler, or have someone weld up a stainless liner for the boil cooler. :confused: i'm sure you can pull the liner out of a round cooler and match up something..

i like the way you think...

how bout matching a cheap stainless pot to fit inside the cooler, or have someone weld up a stainless liner for the boil cooler. :confused: i'm sure you can pull the liner out of a round cooler and match up something..

Now that is a thought, but it essentially comes down to cost. Is it worth it?

Get 3 kegs and set them up like this:

DSC01023-w.JPG

Each keg has 4 legs attached to the upper and lower skirts. They are positioned high enough so that a burner can be slid under them. With an electic setup it would be even easier.

At the end of the brew session just turn them upside down and stack them. Each will fit within the legs of the one below it and they all remain in a very stable stack.

BTW - the legs were salvaged from office desks that were being scrapped. I'm sure that standard square stock tubing would also work very well.

SWMBO doesn't mind if we look like we are active campers...Looking like we have the beginnings of a brewery outside our apartment is another story. As far as appearance, I kind of have to agree.

The electric element has to have some further uses that merely drilling and installing into a kettle...What can we put our heads together to come up with that is outside the box kind of engineering and could be fitted in to an armoire on wheels or something hidden in plain sight kind of thinking.

The 3 keg setup I referenced could easily fit into a tall kitchen/garage type cabinet that is 24" wide X 24" deep. Plus it would have enough room for all of your other accessories.

Just saying...

SWMBO doesn't mind if we look like we are active campers...Looking like we have the beginnings of a brewery outside our apartment is another story. As far as appearance, I kind of have to agree.

The electric element has to have some further uses that merely drilling and installing into a kettle...What can we put our heads together to come up with that is outside the box kind of engineering and could be fitted in to an armoire on wheels or something hidden in plain sight kind of thinking.
The Pol's latest build is something that could proudly be displayed indoors nicer than any actual piece of furniture that I have. Not to mention it most likely cost more to build than ALL my furniture:)

probably not. but is half what we do really worth the cost, lol..
This is true,to an extent. But unnecessary expenses (at least for me) make but that much more difficult to obtain the necessary ones.

Get 3 kegs and set them up like this:

DSC01023-w.JPG

Each keg has 4 legs attached to the upper and lower skirts. They are positioned high enough so that a burner can be slid under them. With an electic setup it would be even easier.

At the end of the brew session just turn them upside down and stack them. Each will fit within the legs of the one below it and they all remain in a very stable stack.

BTW - the legs were salvaged from office desks that were being scrapped. I'm sure that standard square stock tubing would also work very well.

That's inspiring. Nice & portable. Off to the drawing board...

Latest posts

Back