DIY false bottom

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm assuming you guys are kidding when you ask what it is... And I'd agree, it could make some nice SPINNAZ...

Damn...beat me to it. That's a good idea.....as long as you can set up a siphon/diptube in that wide coupling it's a great use of materials!

Damn...beat me to it. That's a good idea.....as long as you can set up a siphon/diptube in that wide coupling it's a great use of materials!

Just reading the OP, it sounds more like he's putting the drain bulkhead in the absolute bottom of the keg which is great if it doesn't interfere with heating. Maybe it's going to be really insulated so no heat will be applied or perhaps it will be a RIMS/HERMS deal.

I'm not direct firing the keg. I am building a rims system and going to insulate the crap out of the keg. I'm not worried about heat loss because I have a huge wood stove in my garage that keeps the place at almost 80 degrees (even with the garage door open)

Back