Wonderful non-brewing related brew day

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Today was a good day. Me and Brew_MU had some non-brewing related tasks to do.

Bottled my first AG batch -- Bee Cave Haus Ale
Bottled my first Apfelwine batch (just dumped on the old yeast cake - is my Apfelwine dead :))
Dry-hopped my second AG batch -- Bee Cave IPA
Started my second batch of Apfelwine

all this while drinking my Whipporwhill IPA that I bottled two weeks ago (yes, I know it's still a little green; but I had to :drunk: something!)

All of this, and didn't have to fire up the turkey fryer once

Sounds like you had a good day! More than I got done, I assure you!:eek:

My first AG batch is going to be Ed's Haus Pale Ale as well. I'm building my MLT and HLT next weekend, and Ed has some Nottingham in the mail for me (thanks Ed!).

And as far as the apfelwein goes, I only used a new packet of yeast for the first batch. Whenever I bottled, I would always dump the new batch right onto the old yeast cake. I think I probably did this for 6 or 7 batches without any ill effects.

I just started a new batch the other day, but with new yeast because I've been on hiatus for several months. Time to start the cycle over again. Of everything I have ever brewed, the apfelwein is always the collective favorite.

Back