CO2 tank with electric regulator?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DLDave1978

Reaction score
Hi all, long time lurker, first time poster. I have been brewing since May! I love this hobby!

I am in the process of procuring kegging equipment. I received four corny kegs from the CHI company two weeks ago. I have been searching for CO2 tanks and think I found one. I've been in contact with someone that is selling a 5lb CO2 tank for $45. It has an electric regulator though. Has anyone ever seen one with an electric regulator? How does that work? Is $45 a good price?

Thanks for any help I can get. I've already learned so much from lurking here for months.

Thanks!
-dave

p.s. though my profile shows female, I'm a male...I can't figure out how to change it. :D

I think the regulator you are reffering to is meant to be integrated into a hydroponic growing system. Not sure if it has any use in a kegging system or not.

is it a regulator with a solenoid on it? I have one of those for my planted aquarium. if that's the case, its fine. when power is applied to the solenoid, the valve is open.

you set these up on a timer or pH monitor that kills the power during lights out or if the pH drops too low....basically at times when you don't need extra CO2 for aquatic plants.

is it a regulator with a solenoid on it? I have one of those for my planted aquarium. if that's the case, its fine. when power is applied to the solenoid, the valve is open.

It does have a solenoid on it. It looks like it can be unscrewed off of the valve on top.

I'll put a picture on here tomorrow. I'm at work now so I can't do it from here.

Back