Question for SS Brew Bucket users

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had the yeast/trub be above the port once. Without the arm I would have transferred a lot of it to my keg. I don't see a reason to leave it out. It doesn't hurt anything and it can be useful.

That is a lot of yeast then because that space is significant. Even after a reuse with no cleanout I haven't had that much.

That is a lot of yeast then because that space is significant. Even after a reuse with no cleanout I haven't had that much.

Meh, I don't take any extra steps to filter out my cold break/hop trub when transferring from kettle to brewbucket (strainers, cloth, filters etc.), so take the following with a grain of salt. I regularly keep the racking arm at 3-4 o'clock as a result of my yeast trub.

Oah, ok...makes sense then I guess cuz I'm whirlpooling and using a false bottom and a bazooka tube in the BK. Lots of cold break (left in BK) but only a fair size glob of clean yeast trub ends up in the fermenter.

Has anybody tried the chapman brewing equipment yet? I'm seriously considering the 14 gallon ss fermentor. I might do the deal where you get two and use one for a boil kettle. Thoughts?

finally got to use it after 2yrs of owning ( long story ) was extremely impressed with how much beer you save from the trub collecting at the very bottom of the cone although it was a coopers mex cervasa still , wasn't fond of the gasket fitting , was difficult to keep in place when wet from sanitizer, but overall will definitely get another soon

fwasn't fond of the gasket fitting , was difficult to keep in place when wet from sanitizer, but overall will definitely get another soon

They've fixed that issue. All current models have a lid that has a lip that keeps the silicone gasket in place. So even when wet it doesn't fall out like it used to. That's one thing I like about this company is they seem to make improvements as they go using customer feedback and reviews. They've also changed the airlock hole to be smooth and not chew up the silicone grommet when inserting and removing.

Rev.

good to know ,they sent extra gasket will try next time , funny on the airlock item , when i pulled it it WAS chewed up & i just chalked it up to my inexperience ! love the bucket also bought mash tun from them ( haven't used yet )

good to know ,they sent extra gasket will try next time , funny on the airlock item , when i pulled it it WAS chewed up & i just chalked it up to my inexperience ! love the bucket also bought mash tun from them ( haven't used yet )

You might want to just order a replacement lid. Maybe they'd be willing to give you a discount or something if you email them and explain you have the earlier version and have been having the usual problems people had reported with it.

Rev.

Latest posts

Back