Leakage arround the rim of the lid (fermenting bucket)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AsianMead

Reaction score
I know that the fermentation still on going after my airlock stopped the activity on the second day of the fermentation.
Yesterday I was read the reference above thread then I back home to check my batch and it has leakage arround the rim of the bucket lid.
Actually, I had a few batches of brewing and they turned out good but this current batch is using 10 liter bucket of Young Brew that I was ordered from UK. Yesterday I was smelled of the fermenting through arround rim of the lid. I didn't pop to open it but I was sealed arround the rim by the glue tape but yet still smell the fermenting came through but not much like before sealing the tape.
So, my concern, is that will ruin this batch?
I know that is seal enough for the oxidation but how about the smell came through and leak of the co2, is that will be fine since the airlock still keep quiet after I seal with the tape and the smell was reduce?

You should be ok as CO2 is building up and escaping. You would also get that smell from the airlock on a well sealed container. Don't mess with it, keep the lid closed and check the og in a couple of weeks. Get a better fitting lid on the next batch.

Back