Cool or Unusual bottle openers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I'm not using my wedding ring to open them (and getting the eyeroll from SWMBO...I get a big kick out of that), I like these two.

One is a 1970s Michelob opener from a flea market...the other a gift from an Australian trip by my dad

2013-01-01100225_zps283a37f1.jpg

bottle opener? I just give a stern look in the direction of what ever I want opened, and it just opens in fear. other than that, I have the Lagerhead B&T turtle and a Leinenkugel's bottle opener that used to be my great grandpa's. my grandpa gave it to me when I was in the 4th grade. he knew who the beer drinker was gonna be.

As a groomsman gift for my buddy's wedding, he found a blacksmith that turned old railroad spikes into bottle openers, and then had our last name stamped on it.

A co-worker has one that looks like a butterfly knife, but when you flip it open it's a bottle opener. He can do a few sweet little tricks with it, too.

My brother got me some of these he found online. They are pretty old and used to be found in hotels or shoe stores. They are shoe horns that have the bottle opener on one end.

http://s7.postimage.org/qoz0f7jjf/Openers.jpg

I got about 5 or 6 of them, so now they are strategically placed throughout my apartment so it's impossible to sit down without having something to open a beer.

I have a few other cool ones but these are the most unique.

Openers.jpg

Got this from Cameroon. They are awesome...

Basically a piece of wood carved like a croc with two screws to catch the lip of the cap.

Voilà!

image-2942831369.jpg

These are some really cool openers! I'm still using a simple bar key from my bar-tending days

I use one of these. I don't sail, I just like the shape of it.

I think it's used to slide a rope through another rope.

29730.jpg

Here is a pocket one I got at Home Depot. Next to a refractometer for scale.
IMG162.jpg

Has a small box blade.
IMG163.jpg

And of course it has an LED flashlight on it. :)
IMG165.jpg

Here's mine. I have close friends that have access to a waterjet. If you can draw or type it in CAD, the waterjet can cut it.

Mybottleopener.jpg

I guess I'm not cool enough to have an actual bottle opener. However, I leaned in the Marine Corp that a bic lighter makes a great bottle opener. Improvise, adapt, and overcome.

Back