Keggle with 1.5" hole for drain?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

biggrizzly

Reaction score
I was considering buying a keggle from a guy but he tells me the drain hole drilled for the ball valve is 1.5". Isn't that too large? Or is there fittings I can use?

Are you talking a side drain or a bottom drain? I'd love to have a bottom drain on my keggles

You can always find parts to make it work (nipples, bushings, etc) and there are plenty 1.5" SS parts on EBAY for pretty cheap. If it is simply a 1.5" hole in the bottom of the keg then I guess you'll need a bulkhead fitting, which I bet are available at farm-supply stores for ag tanks. You can always reduce to 1/2" for using it with more standard homebrew parts.

For me it would be to much work.. with a weldless valve you can drill a 7/8th hole and have the valve in less than an hr and be brewing.. IMHO, I would talk with other brewers in local clubs and someone has a keg with your name on it.

Thanks for the replies... there was a communication problem between the seller and me.... He meant that there was 1 (one), half inch hole 1/2" for a drain in the side of the keggle. It worked out great and I now have the keg in my possession. Thanks for the replies.

Back