So, What Else Do You Do?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeWI

Reaction score
So, I'm taking a break from brewing for the summer. Time to get outside and garden, hike, and vacation. The basement is warming up and I don't have temp control yet. I'll have upwards of 10 cases put away once I've bottled the batches in my fermenters so it'll be a while before I'm going thirsty. I may brew an few batches but my furious batch-every-two-weeks pipeline is stalled until fall.

So what do you do when you're not brewing?

Mike

I fly airplanes and ride bicycles (mountain and road). We also spend a lot of the summer at the lake.

I hunt or more specifically I hunt varmints. I set up a bench pour a cup of coffee and have a nice cigar while I play god and decide who lives and dies in the local rock chuck population.

Hehe and I saw my first rock chuck the other day so they are starting to come out:rockin:

Guitar, fish, canoe, camp, camp and camp while doing the other things.... My kids love being outside so we're hard to find most summer weekends...

Now there's a critter Im unfamiliar with, but what do you expect from a new yorker. Can you eat rock chuck?
I hunt or more specifically I hunt varmints. I set up a bench pour a cup of coffee and have a nice cigar while I play god and decide who lives and dies in the local rock chuck population.

Hehe and I saw my first rock chuck the other day so they are starting to come out:rockin:

Now there's a critter Im unfamiliar with, but what do you expect from a new yorker. Can you eat rock chuck?

You can and do if I get good head shot on one. Some onion, carrots, potatoes and you have a awesome rockchuck stew. Of course topped off with a nice home brew LOL

I think the real name for them is yellow belly marmot. They live in rocky formations but come out and eat the farmers crops so I have permission to shoot all that I want out there.

Dang hard to find the time to shoot them anymore though :(

534550_2624074455970_1678526849_1677455_1627894809_n.jpg

536281_2624060935632_1678526849_1677408_177542989_n.jpg
198884_1949238372245_1281165735_32406600_3559863_n.jpg

Have to love throwing a big party while camping. Great thing is you drink a lot of beer then have to brew more. All problems solved.

Well, since this is the most recent thread on the topic, and I'm new, I'll answer here.

I usually quit brewing soon, by the end of April, every spring, and get off line too. I take a summer haitus. I'll have 6 or 7 kegs full by then to carry me through. I wanna get my yardwork and spring chores done by then too, including getting my boat ready for the water. Warm weather sees me on my boat and on the water whenever I can. We take a trip to the Cape every summer. And a vacation at the lake too. The rest of the year..huge Pats fan. I used to ski but haven't done it lately. Ditto high powered rocketry.

Back