Best Bars for Good Beer in and Around _________:

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jota21

Reaction score
Pittsburgh:
Mad Mex
Hough's
Pittsburgh Bottleshop Cafe
Church Brew Works
Fox & Hound
Fat Heads
I'm sure there's a lot more - please chime in! :tank:

Also, there's a place between Pittsburgh and Erie called Sprague Farms. We were visiting my father in law who lives out that way and when we were waiting at the bar of a restaurant for our table, I ordered a local beer. It was delicious and the bartender told us about the 'brewery'. We went to visit the next day, and it was about the coolest place i've been. It's in the middle of nowhere, and it's just this guy and his wife who bought a farm and turned it into a brew pub. We had such a good time that we rented their spare farmhouse with a dozen friends and had my birthday party up there.

For the record, I'm not affiliated with them at all - just a big fan. Their website is www.sleepingchainsaw.com

Chicagoland area

Revolution brewing (Chicago)
Three floyds (munster, in)
RAM (schaumburg & mt prospect)
Goose island brewpub (chicago @ north and Clyborn)
Two brothers tap house (Naperville)
Emmett's brewpub (burbs)
Wild onion brewing co (lake barrington)

I realize that RAM is nationwide but it's the closest brewery to my house so I still go there a lot.

For anyone traveling through the area, I highly recommend revolution and two brothers. They both came from the goose island family and make extremely good beer.

Edit - I also forgot to Mention Half Acre Brewing. They've got a sick tap room and while I'm not crazy about their beers, they have a pretty hardcore following.

Syracuse

Empire Brewing Company
Blue Tusk
Middle Ages Brewing Company
Al's Wine and Whiskey
Dinosaur BBQ

What about Hofbräuhaus is Pittsburgh? I loved that place when I went for a bachelor party last year.

Syracuse
What about Hofbräuhaus is Pittsburgh? I loved that place when I went for a bachelor party last year.

That's where I had my bachelor party last year! At least where we started :rockin:

It's a fun place, but it's more of a national chain, isn't it? I was going more for the small-town places that people might not know about, but they do have some good beer and a fun time.

That's where I had my bachelor party last year! At least where we started :rockin:

It's a fun place, but it's more of a national chain, isn't it? I was going more for the small-town places that people might not know about, but they do have some good beer and a fun time.

I had no idea there were 6 in the United States. Great atmosphere and beer. The night was a bit of a blur anyways.

:mug:

gregpio85 said:
Chicagoland area

Revolution brewing (Chicago)
Three floyds (munster, in)
RAM (schaumburg & mt prospect)
Goose island brewpub (chicago @ north and Clyborn)
Two brothers tap house (Naperville)
Emmett's brewpub (burbs)
Wild onion brewing co (lake barrington)

I realize that RAM is nationwide but it's the closest brewery to my house so I still go there a lot.

For anyone traveling through the area, I highly recommend revolution and two brothers. They both came from the goose island family and make extremely good beer.

The Ram is actually on Wheeling, gotta love the $5 growler refills on Friday and Saturday.

The Ram is actually on Wheeling, gotta love the $5 growler refills on Friday and Saturday.

Knew it was somewhere around there. I'm in Schaumburg so I frequent that one quite a bit. They do a seasonal with hops grown in house that is killer.
For a national chain brewery, they give each brewpub a fair amount of autonomy.

Back