Greater Raleigh Area Brewers and Suds Sippers (GRABASS) - Let's go a-drinkin'

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Walker

I use secondaries. :p
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
An HBT member from Virginia is making his way through NC on a beer tour next week with his son and will be in the Raleigh area next weekend.

I've extended the offer for some local company while he's here, and he sounded open to meeting up with some people on Saturday night (12/11).

Who's with me?

Where we goin'? I vote for Roth. I know that's farther for everyone else, but it's closer for me!

I'm inclined to let our guest call the shots here. He's going to be hitting up a number of places while he's here, so if there is someplace that he hasn't yet gone to and wants to check out Saturday night, then we go there.

I personally want to check out Lonerider's taproom, but the damn place closes at 7pm on Saturday.

I thought this thread was gonna be about having a few on your birthday.

Happy birthday

Carry on:mug:

Hi everyone, this is the VA traveler (Sheldon) Chad is referring to. Josh and I would prefer someplace close to downtown or an inexpensive cab ride from the Hilton on Wake Forrest Road as we expect to hit several places (with you guys if ur interested) and don't want to have to worry about driving.

Looking forward to our visit and meet up and sampling some good brew.

Sheldon

As a PS, we will be getting into Raleigh in the early afternoon from visiting Asheville, so we probably won't have had a chance to check out more than one or two local establishments.

Sheldon

Josh and I would prefer someplace close to downtown or an inexpensive cab ride from the Hilton on Wake Forrest Road as we expect to hit several places (with you guys if ur interested) and don't want to have to worry about driving

Maybe we should END the evening at Big Boss, then?

Their taproom is open until 2am on Saturday and it is only 2 miles from your hotel.

http://www.bigbossbrewing.com/beer

They do have tours on the 2nd saturday of each month (which is the 11th) starting at 2pm, FYI.

Oh, and to let you know, you are about 5 miles away from "downtown" raleigh where the Flying Saucer is. And the flying saucer is about 1/2 mile from the new Boylan Bridge Brewpub.

I would STRONGLY suggest checking out Lonerider, which is a bit further away (near the airport).

My tour guide services are worth exactly what you pay for them, but maybe a jaunt to Lonerider Brewing, which is close to Roth Brewing, then head downtown to Boylan Bridge and/or the Flying Saucer for some food, and rock it into the night at Big Boss, then crawl back to your hotel.

:D

:ban:

I'd recommend Natty Greenes as well. Food is good and their beers are solid as well. It's actually not too far from Boylan. Just my $.02

Yup. Natty's is there, real close to the Saucer and Boylan Bridge.

Damn....

So many places to go, so little time. :D

Gonna try to make it myself. I'll probably not stay until 2am, however!

I am up for the Saucer, Boylan extravaganza. Also would be interested in seeing Big Boss as I have never been there.

Well, as it turns out I already have plans on Saturday that I had forgotten about. No getting out of it. You guys have fun and I'll catch you next time!

Well, as it turns out I already have plans on Saturday that I had forgotten about. No getting out of it. You guys have fun and I'll catch you next time!

Washing the sand out again?

jackwagon.

sheldon, i hope you dom't mind if some does run with the bucks that night. Mrs. Walker would like to join us, and possibly 1 or 2 others.

Just got off the phone. Working that weekend. See what I mean about NEVER planning anything more than a day or 2 in advance? :(

sheldon, are you keeping up with HBT while you are in NC?

we should probably set up a rendezvous time/place. I know that myself as well as (most likely) idahoDal are planning to head to lonerider saturday evening for an early start. i should be there by 6pm, maybe earlier. i need to check that place out regardless of what the rest of y'all's doing.(did you see that? only in the south do you see words with two apostrophes in them.)

i'll catch the train wherever it makes sense. planning to do lonerider, maybe Roth, and then head downtown to eat at some point.you've inspired me to do my own brewery crawl.

hopefully the police wont be involved this time. (remind me to tell you about the time the HBT member Truble came to visit.) :D

Sorry folks, Josh isn't feeling well and we have to cancel our trip for this weekend. Hope to see you in the spring when we want to re-schedule.

Sheldon

I hope Josh gets to feeling well again very soon.

Do we have a dilemma here? I've made a bunch of arrangements to be able to head out Saturday and tear things up for the evening on this brewery crawl, and, by god, I intend to carry through with it. :D

I'll be at Lonerider with Dallas and SWMBO by 6pm, and will just go where the wind blows.

Over the river and through the wood to LoneRider/Roth/Natty Greene's/Boylan Bridge/Big Boss we will go!

Back