Hops Scare IPA kit change

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaintAddict

Reaction score
I got this kit today from midwest supplies. I want to make sure the ipa finishes with a good amout of grapefruit flavor. The hops schedule is

.75 yakima magnum 60m
.5oz amarillo 30m
.5oz amarillo 15m
2.0oz Cascade 5m

I was wondering if I change the cascade to only 1oz and add the other 1oz for dry hopping will I get more of the grapefruit taste? The kit also has a full oz of magnum so I will probably just do the whole oz instead of the .75oz. Any help would be great, thanks!

Magnum's are over the top bitter, I am thinking the Amarillo at 30 would be lost. Probably better saving that for later in the boil.

Depending on how bitter you want it, I would probably do the whole 1oz of Magnum at 60.....save all 1oz of amarillo for 10-15min, 1oz of cascade at 5min and 1oz dry hopped.

I use a similar hop schedule in my APA with Columbus / Centennial /Cascades, it has a flavor that any hop-head would enjoy.

Back