Soperbrew kegs now??? No way!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AnonyBrew

Who rated my beer?
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
It's true folks, after 2 yrs & about 5000 bottles I have gone to the lazy side with my brewing.

Here I'm pulling my 2nd ever pint earlier tonight (Oatmeal Stout).

IMG_4292.JPG

I have 6 old style kegs, a 5# & 15# tank, and 4 picnic taps.

IMG_4291.JPG

Here was my first ever pint pulled from a keg tonight. It was a 7.7% Simcoe IPA.

IMG_4288.JPG

Can't wait to fill the other 3 kegs in a couple weeks.

Those diapers are going to be cold when you put them on.:D

Congrats on the kegging.:cross:

Congratulations! I just started kegging this weekend as well.

*Glad to see I'm not the only one that has bottles in a Huggies box!

Lose the kid, ditch the diapers, and you can put in four more kegs!

Nice job... How's the Simcoe IPA? I made that about two months ago, it was great!

The huggies box is one of the few I can find that is high enough to fit Grolsch bottles. I have many of those boxes and even more bottles.

Pacman works & I can switch it on anytime.

Is that CO2 tank strapped down well enough? You don't want it floating off now...:D

Congrats, welcome to the lazy mans world...

Awesome! The diapers thing is a great idea! Makes sense if you are going to have that much beer on tap. But not sure why they are chilled. Is it for cold filtering? Or do they change color like the mountains?

Awesome! The diapers thing is a great idea! Makes sense if you are going to have that much beer on tap. But not sure why they are chilled. Is it for cold filtering? Or do they change color like the mountains?

After 2 years of bottling I learned that after they are carbed properly they taste better after a couple weeks in the fridge. Call it cold conditioning or letting the yeast drop out, it just tastes better.

After 2 years of bottling I learned that after they are carbed properly they taste better after a couple weeks in the fridge. Call it cold conditioning or letting the yeast drop out, it just tastes better.

Weeks in the fridge? That's not lagering, is it? :D :mug:

Well the first keg of Simcoe IPA lasted only 9 days. Today the 2nd keg of Oatmeal Stout ran dry after 12 days. Man these things don't last long in the kegs.

Whoa, Soperbrew kegs now? How did I miss this thread?!?!? Wait, who is Soperbrew again???

Congratulations whoever you are sir! I have a simcoe IPA in the keezer as I type this. Unfortunately the keg room is also the guest room and...I have guests!!! :(

3rd keg ran dry tonight. It was the other half of the Oatmeal Stout & it only lasted 7 days (new record).

So to recap, 1st keg lasted 9 days, 2nd keg lasted 12, and 3rd keg 7.

I now have 2 kegs of Moose Drool Clone & started on the first one tonight.

3rd keg ran dry tonight. It was the other half of the Oatmeal Stout & it only lasted 7 days (new record).

So to recap, 1st keg lasted 9 days, 2nd keg lasted 12, and 3rd keg 7.

I now have 2 kegs of Moose Drool Clone & started on the first one tonight.

You sir are a pioneer!:rockin:

I just kegged my first two beers today as well, not expecting them to last long. One keg of Oaked Arrogant Bastard Clone, and the other a Boulavard Wheat Clone. :D

Keg #4 went dry today. This one also lasted 9 days. I wonder if I'll ever give my beer enough time to taste best before drinking it....

Back