2 pot mash/sparge process

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silver8ack

Reaction score
I recently sold most of my brewing equipment due to space/financiql issues. I still have a 30qt turkey fryer set and a seperate 4 gallon pot.

I want to get back into brewing but I want to do 2.5 gallons batches. Don't try to convince me to do 5 since it's the Same work. I know all that and I have my reasons.

Anyway, I was thinking that I could mash in my 4 gallon pot with a grain bag. I would then heat my sparge water in my boil pot. At the end of the mash I would dunk the grain bag in the sparge water for ten minutes or so. Then take the bag out and pour the original mash liquid into the boil pot and proceed.

Do you think this will work?

That should work OK. Your efficiency may not be the best, but so what?

Sounds like a good way to make the best of the equipment you've got, I say go for it.

Awesome, thanks everyone. I spent a lot of money on equipment before and I have another name on here, but I decided to make a new one after I had to sell most of my stuff. I'm a reborn brewer...back to the basics, except I will still be all grain :)

Latest posts

Back