How many bottles do you have?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This may be a dumb question, but anyone know if you can use champagne bottles? I have one in my basement that has a nice lip around the tip of the bottle, but I haven't tried to actually cap it yet...

This may be a dumb question, but anyone know if you can use champagne bottles? I have one in my basement that has a nice lip around the tip of the bottle, but I haven't tried to actually cap it yet...

most wing cappers wont work. if you have a bench capper it might. depends on the bottle.

240. Its what I can fit in this (4-drawer legal-size filing cabinet):

cabinet2.jpg

Hmmm, about...

300 12oz bottles

24 20oz

16 16oz swing tops (EZ)

6 1000ml swingtops (from germany, they have porcelain tops and a wood carrying box).

Wow, I only have like 30 some odd PETs because of my Coopers kit and I'm just starting off. That AND my apartment's too small for any more bottles. I'll probably end up buying me a keg so I can just keg my brews(that will be a while, lol)

I have about 100 to 120 Sam Adams bottles ( I like these bottles the best) 50 Heineken Bottles, 12 plain brown long necks, and 6 22oz bottles

1200 or so 12oz long necks
300 12oz short stubby
450 bombers
200 Belgian 750ml cork cage
75 or so 375ml cork cage
50 ez cap 375 Brown
24 ez cap 375 blue
200 wine bottles

All rounded obviously.

I keg mostly but bottle a lot for aging. Depending on the beer usually use my beer gun to bottle. Right now I'm using about 1/4 if my bottles

I have 391 full ( mix of 12,17,and 22 ounce ) and about 200 waiting to be filled.

Well over 2,000 last time I counted. I know it's excessive but I can't bring myself to throw away perfectly good bottles. Oh well, I guess I could have worse neurotic tendencies than bottle hoarding...

Well over 2,000 last time I counted. I know it's excessive but I can't bring myself to throw away perfectly good bottles. Oh well, I guess I could have worse neurotic tendencies than bottle hoarding...

wow, that's alot of star san or sanitizer, :):cross:

Retired 48 Heineken bottles this evening...

Couldn't bring myself to throw them away, so they're now in boxes in the garage.... but retired none-the-less....

I am in the process of retiring a little over 200 bottles. Got a couple kegs about a month ago and realized how much room the bottles took. Keeping 4 cases tho, enough for a couple batches if the kegs are full, but getting rid of the rest.

smccarter said:
Retired 48 Heineken bottles this evening...

Couldn't bring myself to throw them away, so they're now in boxes in the garage.... but retired none-the-less....

Why did you retire them?

Back