Boston Homebrew @ Beacon st?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eugenio

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
was taking the T in from Cleveland Circle to work, and out of the corner of my eye say a small sign in between Washington Sq and Coolidge corner that said "Boston homebrew" in a locale that seemed under renovation. Anyone know anything about it? I would love to have a lhbs walking distance from my home.

was taking the T in from Cleveland Circle to work, and out of the corner of my eye say a small sign in between Washington Sq and Coolidge corner that said "Boston homebrew" in a locale that seemed under renovation. Anyone know anything about it? I would love to have a lhbs walking distance from my home.

I saw this place as well and chatted with the folks who were inside on Sunday getting the space ready. It is called Boston Homebrew Supply, the owner is a former homebrewer and pro-brewer, very nice guy, and they are hoping to be open in a couple of weeks. My searching turned up a Facebook page and Twitter feed, and the beginnings of a website as well. I am very excited for this place to open!

Love it, more options. Now when the wife says, hey let's bring the kids to [Atrium Mall/The Clayroom/Shake Shack/etc] I have more incentive!

yeah im excited for this, my main attraction there was either the cinema or the book store, a third nice spot to add to the list!

Just went there today, and its looking very good. The owners are very friendly, and I love the location. They also stock giga yeast at the same price as online, wish I had waited an extra week and save myself $9 on shipping.

Visited this place the other day, as its on my way home.

Much cleaner and roomier than other shops in the area, and the owner is a super nice guy. I guess he used to be the head brewer at Boston Beer Works in Fenway.

Will be heading back here again for sure.

Another thumbs up for the guy, Josh, who runs this shop. I spent 20 minutes or so picking his brain on Friday after work. He seems like a great guy. Josh used to be a teacher before getting into beer and as such, hopes to do some more advanced classes for homebrewers, particularly on water chemistry. I told him it was a great idea.

I like the gravity feed system that they have for the grain. It works much better than Hopsters gravity feed setup (at least from what I remember when I visited there) and Modern Homebrew doesn't have one at all.

I can't comment on the selection or pricing, because I was there for very specific local ingredients in Four Star hops and Valley Malt, so they were going to be priced higher than normal grains anyways.

Thought I would post this here for those of you that don't follow the shop on Facebook or Twitter, seems like a pretty good deal on grain to stock up for the winter. I'm going to pick up a couple bags to hold me over for a few months, even cheaper than online and no shipping, sweet.

"Black Friday Sale: 50 lb. bags of Great Western 2 Row for $35 (no tax).

We want to say thank you to all of our customers who support us. First come first serve on Friday 11/28. This price is for full bags of unmilled grain only. Please share this information online and with your friends. Don't forget to continue supporting your local homebrew shop. Thanks."

This place is great! Josh is a super nice guy and also a wealth of information. Every time I'm in the area I stop by and pick up an all grain batch.

Back