Death in the Desert 2008

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeathBrewer

Maniacally Malty
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, baby...here's some pictures from our yearly trip to the Mojave Desert, complete with over 60 gallons of homebrew!

the campsite, you can see my new tacoma to the left...beer tent is in the middle:

camp.jpg

my buddies landcruiser:

truck.jpg

one of the climbing areas:

mountains.jpg

a nice warm fire for those cold nights:

fire.jpg

you guys shouldn't post so fast! :p

guns5.jpg

some fireworks action:

fireworks.jpg

and now we start with the heads. a friend of ours is a hairdresser and she was gracious enough to bring a bag full of manikin heads

now...what on earth are we gonna do with these?

head1.jpg

head6.jpg

head7.jpg

then the spiders attacked!!!!!

spider1.jpg

spider2.jpg

i've never seen so many spiders at the trip before. they were friggin everywhere...even crawled up my roomates leg and onto his ass before he saw it!

here's one last pic of me, trying to finish all the beer on the last night. unfortunately, i had to bring a few full kegs back. oh well :D

me.jpg

it was a rockin good time and passed far too quickly (i went up thursday and returned sunday)

already looking forward to next year!

:rockin: :rockin:

Smoked meat, Beer, Fire, Guns....gee, what more do you need?

Corn on the cob and beans maybe....

But I can't think of much more than that.

we had beans, but you know, corn on the cob is a damn fine idea. me, being an indigenous to iowa and all :D should have thought of that.

Okay, I'm coming to live in your backyard and making sure I'm in the back of your truck the next time you go. Toooooooooo fun.

indeed, beer, fire, weapons, explosives...in that order :D

nah, we're careful. everyone is safe and sober when shooting.

fireworks is another story. we have a dog that will attack any fireworks that go off, so we have to keep her locked up. on time she ran over some high-powered stuff and knocked it over, then proceded to charge it with her mouth open as it shot into her face. scared me, i thought she was REALLY hurt. but she seemed just fine after we got her away from the stuff. crazy spaniel...that was two years ago.

Did I hear climbing. Back in my younger days I used to climb at Josuha Tree witha couple of Marine Corp buddies. Great times.

Nice firearms too.

All around looks like a great weekend. :tank:

If alcohol and firearms weren't meant to be together, they wouldn't be part of a federal department name. :D

Nice pics! Especially when it's 40* here and I'm working. How big were those spiders?

All of the things that redneck disaster videos are made of with the exception of the electrical connections in a swimming pool.:D Looks like fun, but I'd have to pass on the fricken spiders.

If alcohol and firearms weren't meant to be together, they wouldn't be part of a federal department name. :D

Nice pics! Especially when it's 40* here and I'm working. How big were those spiders?

pretty damn big...there was a lovely assortment of them...all the kind that can flick hair at your face, so we kept our distance.

my roommate had one crawl up his leg and he had to brush it off with a .44 :D

it wasn't until after we noticed they were crawling around everywhere that i realized my tent had been open all day. i gave that a pretty thorough check before i laid down again :cross:

no one was drunk, but there were a few new people there that didn't really know how to handle firearms. every time we go, we're going to have everyone read the manual. it may seem like common sense to most of us, but it's always good to go over gun safety.

All of the things that redneck disaster videos are made of with the exception of the electrical connections in a swimming pool.:D Looks like fun, but I'd have to pass on the fricken spiders.

you wheenies! spiders are cool! there were also lotsa bees cuz someone left a soda open, so i played beekeeper and carried the soda away from camp.

snakes are the only animal that i'm tense around.

ATF - Alcohol Tobacco Firearms.... Who's bringing the chips?!! :D

no one was drunk, but there were a few new people there that didn't really know how to handle firearms. every time we go, we're going to have everyone read the manual. it may seem like common sense to most of us, but it's always good to go over gun safety.

Haha I lent my friend my .45 once and he ended up shooting the first shot at the target and the rest in the air.... that was right after I was explaining target acquisition with clay pigeons and he turned around waving a loaded shotgun everywhere! :mad:

its such a simple thing its amazing how people dont get it.
dont aim at anything you dont want to kill,
dont have your finger on the trigger unless you intend to fire,
and always empty a gun and leave it open before setting it down!

You have a 30 year old female under your bed, DeathBrewer?! I usually keep mine in the basement...:D ;)

Latest posts

Back