Michelob Pale Ale?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Revvy

Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I passed a billboard for this on the way home yesterday. Has this come out ahead of Bud American Ale (both owned by AB) or has this been out for awhile and I just ignored it. Has anyone tried it yet?

485.jpg

Commercial Description:
Michelob Pale Ale is a classic English-style pale ale brewed with classic noble aroma hop varieties grown in the Northwestern United States and Europe, as well as two-row and caramel barley malts. With a dark-gold color, this beer has a spicy, hoppy character. A pale ale pairs well with full-flavored meats, like steak. This beer is best enjoyed in a tall, fluted pilsner glass.

Brewed by:
Anheuser-Busch, Inc.
Missouri, United States

Style / ABV:
American Pale Ale (APA) / 5.20% ABV

Beeradvocate has given it a b- to a c

I have seen a billboard for Michelob Pale Ale for a while, but have never seen it for sale in Dallas.

Lately AB has put out commercials for the Mich 'crafts' that are obvious rip-offs of the Sam Adams style commercials.

I've been seeing a lot of ads for their "micro" line-ups. Seems like they are trying to compete with SA I suppose. Haven't tried any of them, I would but sure don't expect much.

And how is it "English-style" with noble hops? And served in a fluted pilsner glass? Wtf?

I tried it. It was here in Utah so it was a 3.2 batch. Not much malt or ale flavors. It smelled and tasted like very good hops with a high carbonation. It may be the best AB beer I've had, but it's no Sierra Nevada. They also have DunkelWeisse available here. Unlike your pic they are in pry off bottles.

MPA-1.jpg

Come on over to my back yard and have a brew.​

Just bought the variety pack. It includes pale ale, marzen, amber bock, irish red, and a porter. Most are easily drinkable, may not the best example of style. The pale ale was hopped to the point that you at least notice. At 5.5% and some cascades its cheap enough to give it a try.

Not much malt or ale flavors. It smelled and tasted like very good hops with a high carbonation. It may be the best AB beer I've had, but it's no Sierra Nevada.

Just had my first one, and my tasting lines up with yours. It's not horrible. Closer to the target than Bud Ale. With more malt in there it would be much better. As it is you wouldn't send it back if you were served it in a brewpub, but you might wonder why they went so light on the grain bill.

Just had my first one, and my tasting lines up with yours. It's not horrible. Closer to the target than Bud Ale. With more malt in there it would be much better. As it is you wouldn't send it back if you were served it in a brewpub, but you might wonder why they went so light on the grain bill.

Was your 3.2 also?

I still haven't tried it yet, though I guess I have had the amber bock (I think that's what it's called) on tap in a bar...I can't remember much beyond a bit of diacetyl, that may or may not have been intentional...

The pale Ale is ok SWMBO bought the Wheat beer sampler little review

* Michelob Honey Wheat: a silky, smooth filtered wheat ale brewed with orange blossom honey. Zantop and her team wanted to push the envelope with their newest creation, playing around with different varieties of honey until they found just the right kind to give Honey Wheat a pronounced floral aroma and hints of orange citrus flavor.
dumped it after a sip way too sweet SWMBO didn't like it either up there with the Cranberry crapbic they make

* Hop Hound Amber Wheat: an unfiltered American amber wheat ale brewed with Cascade, Willamette and Hallertau hops and a blend of the finest caramel, wheat and pale barley malts.
This one is actually drinkable

* Shock Top Belgian White: an unfiltered Belgian-style wheat ale with a naturally cloudy and light golden color, brewed with orange, lemon and lime peels and coriander.
Blah

* Michelob Dunkel Weisse: a surprisingly light unfiltered dark wheat ale with unmistakable clove and banana tones, a result imparted from the unique Bavarian yeast strain used.
This one I liked the best but wouldn't go out and buy it

Back